Ch. 80 Get It For Me

Start from the beginning

Chu Lian fought hard to keep the calm in her expression. This Imperial Princess Leyao had really been spoiled beyond hope. The Emperor's mood was clearly sinking lower and lower, but the princess still wasn't giving up.

Empress Shen looked at Imperial Concubine Wei and her daughter with cold eyes. Her gloom from earlier had completely disappeared; instead, she now looked down upon Imperial Princess Leyao full of disdain. What a narrow-minded girl!

Imperial Princess Leyao was already used to being spoiled. What she wanted was what she would get. Inside the palace, she was pampered by the Emperor and spoiled by the Imperial Concubine. Even Consort De would give in to her demands. There wasn't a single time when she hadn't gotten her way. When she saw that the Emperor remained silent, tears of frustration rolled down her cheeks in an effort to seek his attention.

"Father doesn't love Yao'er anymore... sob sob..."

The Chengping Emperor's mood had been dismal from the very beginning. It had only been alleviated slightly with the entrance of his daughter. But now, that very same daughter was crying, and her incessant cries were like needles piercing his brain. He was the great and mighty sovereign of this country- even if he was inclined to spoil his children, there needed to be a limit in accordance with his stature.

He looked down at his daughter, who seemed to have grown much taller since the last time he had seen her. She was already ten years old. He had thought that that was still too young, so he had given in to her time and time again. However, now that her personality had been warped to this degree, he could no longer give in to everything she wanted.

The Chengping Emperor abruptly tossed his sleeves, shaking away the little hands that were clutching onto it. In a low voice, he rebuffed her and said, "Leyao, are you finished with this nonsense?"

He had never ever reprimanded the princess before, but now he was scolding her in such a cold tone of voice! Leyao was shocked by the first scolding she had ever received from the Emperor. She stared up at him with wide, disbelieving eyes, as if she couldn't believe that those words had come out of his mouth.

After what seemed like an eternity, she asked with a trembling voice, "Father... You're... scolding Yao'er?"

Just as Imperial Princess Leyao was about to say something else, Imperial Concubine Wei covered her mouth in fright.

The Chengping Emperor tossed his sleeves again with a dark expression. "Leyao, I've been far too lenient with you in the past. I allowed you to do whatever you wanted without any limits. Even though Jinyi's rank is low, she is still an honoured lady whose name I personally bestowed. How could I have her become a cook for you in your palace? Concubine, if you don't rein Leyao in and teach her some proper manners, I'll send her to the Empress to be raised under her name."

Empress Shen and Imperial Concubine Wei hadn't expected such a proposal to come from the Emperor. Give her to the Empress to raise? How could that be possible! Imperial Princess Leyao was already ten this year; she wasn't a young, unknowing child. How could the Empress possibly raise her to love her as a mother at this age?

Empress Shen and Imperial Concubine Wei were both extremely resistant to this action. Imperial Concubine Wei had been injured during childbirth, so Imperial Princess Leyao was the only child she would ever have. How could Imperial Concubine Wei possibly be willing to give up her only child to someone else?