"Fun?" He perched an eyebrow at her. Momo nodded.

"Yeah. Like games and stuff. You've gotta have something like that around here, right?" At his silence, she nervously scratched her cheek.

"The only things I really do around here is train, eat, and sleep. Today was a rare break from all of it."

"Because I was here?"

"Yes. So, I guess I should thank you for that."

Momo's smile widened. "You're welcome!"

"I-"

"Shoto!"

The children both whirled around to see a flaming man approaching them, large, bulky, and built. His turquoise eyes cut right into Momo's soul, and she cowered away. The prince frowned up at his father as the girl hid behind his back.

"You don't need to show off your powers around her," Shoto stated firmly. "What do you want?"

The king returned his son's glare. "You're five minutes late for bed. Get going."

"I was just talking to Lady Yaoyorozu," he stated calmly. "Where's the harm in that?"

"The harm is making your servants search for you in your absence. Now move," he snarled. His eyes darted to the girl behind him, and Momo flinched from the sudden attention. "And you." He pointed a finger in her direction. "Where is your guard?"

"H-he's-"

"Right here."

Enji turned his head to see a dark-haired man glaring tiredly at him. He had changed out of his light armor and was now wearing a black long-sleeved shirt with dark pants and boots, his hair pulled back into a messy ponytail. The young prince immediately felt the girl relax in his presence. "Shota!" She hurried over to him, clinging to his leg. The king's hateful gaze didn't flickered.

"Sir Aizawa. I recommend you keep a better eye on Lady Yaoyorozu." Aizawa nodded, placing a protective hand on her shoulder. He could feel her trembling.

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind."

Enji returned his gaze to his son. "You're dismissed. All of you."

~~~~~

Shoto sat on the edge of his large platform bed, already dressed and ready to retire for the night. I can't believe father would speak to a guest in such a way. Especially a child. He turned so his back was against his headboard, reaching over and grabbing the book on his bedside table. His mother always read to him before bed, just a couple pages worth of the story unless he was too tired to stay awake and listen. Where is she? Usually she's here by now.

Contemplating whether he should go find her or wait, he looked down at the book's cover. With it's black leather cover, thick with pages. The Man With Two Souls was the title. To Shoto's understanding, it was exactly like the title sounded; a young man with two separate souls, each fighting for control over his body. Rei had questioned her son's choice for a bedtime story, but he insisted. It was interesting to him.

Finally becoming restless, Shoto slipped out of bed, going to the door and heading across the hall. Just opposite of his room was his parent's room, so it wasn't a far walk. Just as he was about to knock on the door, he stopped.

"What will happen if this doesn't go right?"

Is that...mother? Who is she talking to? Shoto pressed his ear to the door, clutching the book to his chest as he strained to listen.