LAB

Chapter 5: lab

-•-

"Good morning Twelve."

A man's voice said to Tee, waking her up from her four hour slumber. She slowly opened her eyes to see a man sitting at the foot of a bed that didn't belong to her. Her eyes widened as she remembered what happened and where she was, and she instantly bolted towards the door.

"Let me out!" She cried as she banged on the door, the man who had woken her up just stared at her struggling as she banged and cried. She should've listened to Hopper; she should've stuck to his rules, because now she's stuck in the lab again, back at square one, she turned towards theman who had been sat in silence, "Please, let me go." She whispered.

"I'm afraid I can't do that," The man said with a sad smile on his face, "Why don't you come over here and sit next to me, and we can have a little chat. Does that sound good?"

Tee stared at him for a moment; the man didn't seem scary, but she thought the same about Papa, and he turned out to be the devil incarnate. He patted the area next to him, and Tee reluctantly walked over, sitting down next to him, but keeping a little bit of distance as she didn't trust him.

"My name, is Doctor Owens," He says to her, putting his hand out for her to shake, "I'm new around here, you see. I'm just getting to grips with what's going on where, and this, by far, was the biggest surprise."

"I shouldn't b-be here," Tee muttered looking down at her hands, "This is a horrible place."

"I admit, it could be nicer, but sadly i only lead experiments, not the maintenance round here."

"Experiments," Tee rolls her eyes, looking up at the mirror in the room and seeing her dishevelled figure, "Me."

"Not necessarily," Owens says to her, "I have your file, I know your capabilities, now I need your help. No more experiments on you, you just need to help me."

"With w-what?" Tee asks.

"Now that, young lady, is easier to show than tell, why don't you follow me?"

Owens stands up and puts out his hand for her to take, but she doesn't. Instead, she just walks around him and towards the door. Owens sighs before walking after her and unlocking the door.

As soon as that door clicked, Tee bolted down the corridor, making the light bulbs explode as she went. A soldier grabbed her and pinned her to the floor, as four other soldiers helped keep her down. She tried to electricute them, but they were wearing protective gear, so they weren't phased.

"Get off!" Tee screamed as they carried her into another room. There was Owens, but now he had a more sadistic smile on his face, one that scared Tee. He knew her capabilities, but she didn't know his.

"Oh Twelve," Owens sighed, rubbing his head as Tee was strapped down into a seat. She couldn't really hear him over the sound of her screaming. "I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but you went against me."

"Let me go!" She screamed loudly as the soldiers finished strapping her to the chair, one of them grabbing a razor.

"Now, since I joined this lab, we've agreed to use a new methods of punishment. A deterrent. So every time you go against me, something bad will happen to you. Sound fair?" Owens told her. She stared at the man with the razor as he drew closer and closer.

"So, the first punishment," Owens spoke up again, "Say goodbye to your hair."

"No!" Tee cried a final time as the razor came into contact with her head. She cried and cried as the man shaved off all of her hair, the entire time Owens was staring at her with a sadistic smile, one that Tee knew she would never forget.

All that could be heard were her screams and cries heard by everyone in the room, and the two people who were next door, Nancy and Johnathan, who had just been hauled in for trying to tell Barbara's mom the truth about hawkins lab.

-

Half an hour later, and Tee had been taken back to her room and been locked inside, alone. She lay on the floor where she'd been chucked, making no effort to move.

If only she had listened to Hopper.

She lay there for longer than she cared to count, just crying. She regretted going against hopper, because now she worried she'd never see him ever again. She sat up slowly, her head hurting from how much she'd cried and the new feeling of being bald. She was back to square one, back to a year go. Everything from the past year had gone down the drain.

She stood up and looked in the mirror she had been provided - unaware it was a two way mirror and that two scientists were staring at her. She looked at her reflection before punching the glass and letting out a scream of anger.

"Well that's hardly neccessary," Owens says entering the room, he sighs as she glares at him, "Come with me, and don't try to run away this time."

"No p-promises."