RUN

Chapter 14: Run

An hour later and Tee was cleaning little grazes on her hands in the bathroom located in Mike's basement. They'd hit the rocks badly when El had saved her from falling to her death.

There was a knock on the door that was left a little ajar, and Tee looked through the mirror to see Mike enter the room. Their eyes connected in the mirror, and Tee could just see that there was something wrong.

She placed down the cloth she had been using to clean her hands and turned towards mike, who was standing close to the door.

"W-What's wrong?" She asks the boy who looks bothered by something. He shakes his head looking down, as if he doesn't know what to say, "Mike?"

"You almost died, and you're asking me what's wrong?" Mike asked, barely being able to believe how selfless the girl was, and how much she cared for people she barely knew.

But the thing was, is that while Mike was someone she barely knew in terms of who he was in front of her, she knew about younger him - their bond. Their friendship.

"What's wrong?" She asks again, ignoring what he'd said as she didn't really know how to reply. He just stood there, staring at her, and he watched as her eyes stared back into his, flicking to his lips every couple of seconds, "is it a-about me?"

"I let go," Mike whispered, breaking the eye contact and looking down at the floor as he stepped closer to her; she did the same, "I... I just can't believe I did."

"You couldn't hold me," Tee comforts him, putting her grazed hand on his shoulder, "b-but we had el."

"What if we didn't?" Mike asked her, "your death would be on me, and I... I can't loose you again, Molly."

Tee sighed sadly, pulling Mike in for a hug as she didn't know what else to say to him about it. Parts of memories were coming back, but not enough to tell him - she didn't want to get his hopes up.

The boy froze for a second, before wrapping his arms around the smaller girl and putting his head atop of hers with a small, sad smile.

"Guys!" Dustin shouted, running into the room, and making Tee and Mike jump away from eachother, "It's Lucas, I think he's in trouble."

Mike and Tee were filled with alarm as they rushed to follow Dustin, who was running towards his supercomm, "Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" Dustin asked Mike as he picked up the communicating device.