Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

''Well, well, well, there they are,'' Louis rolls his eyes and glares jokingly at us. ''We've been waiting for an hour now.'' 

''Blame Niall! He's the one who had to take ages to shower,'' I exlaim, pointing at my boyfriend accusingly. 

He gapes at me and pretends to be offended. ''Well, I'm sorry that you decided it was a good idea to join me and distract me.''

''Wow, okay guys, I don't want to know!'' Liam groans as the other boys laugh. 

I wiggle my eyebrows at Niall and shoot him some suggesting looks. He just laughs and shakes his head. I make a beeline towards him and, just to annoy everyone, I kiss his lips, pressing a few lingering pecks onto his mouth until I hear the boys groan in the distance. 

''Love you, baby!!'' I shout over-dramatically as I walk back to my spot behind my microphone. 

''Take them away from each other please,'' Louis moans in defeat. 

I just grin and we start soundcheck. We run through all the songs and then take a break afterwards. I plop down on the couch in our dressing room and gulp down a bottle of water. Niall comes in after me and sits down next to me, pratically in my lap, with one leg thrown over mine as he pulls out his phone and starts to scroll through his twitter feed. 

I lean my chin on his shoulder and watch as he messes about on his phone, replying to some fans and giggling about some tweets that get sent to him, most of them rather dirty. 

The crowd in Paris is amazing and so loud. After a great show, we run off stage, still full of adrenaline and get onto the bus. We all get on the same bus and talk some about the show while we're on our way to the hotel. 

We don't have a show tomorrow because we're doing some promo stuff and that also means the interview where me and Niall will come out. I've been good at controlling my nerves throughout most of the day but now that I'm in my hotelroom and I'm alone with my thoughts, I start to get those nervous butterflies in my tummy.  

Niall emerges from the bathroom along with a wave of steam following him from the hot shower he took. I look up and watch as he walks around in his boxers, searching for his pyjama's. Once he finds them, he pulls them on and comes to sit next to me on the bed. 

He knows how nervous I am for tomorrow and he's trying to sooth me by stroking his hand up and down my back but I'm afraid it's not gonna make me any calmer.

''Tell me what you're afraid of,'' he whispers when the silence in the room becomes too much.

''I'm afraid of being judged. And of losing you,'' I mumble, leaning into his side slightly. 

''There will be people who are going to judge you and call you names and all that. But you have to remember that this is about us and about me loving you and you loving me and not about who's gonna hate on us. They're just stupid people who want to ruin what we have but that's not gonna happen because we are strong and I love you. And I won't leave you,'' he promises.

I look at him for a while and then bury my face in his neck, wrapping one arm around his shoulder. ''Thanks,'' I murmer with my lips pressed against his skin. 

''It's what I'm here for,'' he hums. 

We crawl under the covers afterwards and I cuddle up against him. 

''It's gonna be alright, yeah?'' He says as he presses a kiss to my forehead.

''Yeah,'' I nod and close my eyes, falling asleep almost right away. 

----

The next morning I wake up early after a short night of sleep. It's 6 AM but I'm wide awake. The interview is at 12 so I still have some time to spare until the big moment. I'm sure I won't be able to sleep anymore so I gently untangle myself from Niall's arms and get out of bed. I decide to go for a jog and I pull out my work out gear and leave the hotelroom before it's even 7 AM. The streets are still mostly empty since it's still early. I jog a bit but stay close to the hotel in case I get chased down by fangirls. I spend an hour or two outside before my legs start to burn a bit and I'm craving a hot shower. 

Niall is still asleep when I come back and I try to be as quiet as possible because I don't want to wake him. I take a short shower and then get into some clothes. Niall is still wrapped up in bed as I crouch down in front of him to rouse him from sleep. 

I start by pressing a kiss to his cheek and he groans a bit but doesn't open his eyes.

''Baby,'' I cooe. ''Wake up, love.'' 

''Hm,'' he groans and blindly searches for me. His arms find my neck and he pulls me towards him in an awkward hug. 

''I'm going to get some breakfast yeah? Are you coming soon too?'' I ask as best as I can with my face smashed into his pillow.

''Yeah,'' he croaks sleepily, letting go of me to bury under the blanket again.

''Hey, get up, you lazy pants, don't be late for the interview,'' I scold as Niall doesn't look like he's going to get up anytime soon.  

''Yeah, yeah,'' he whines. ''5 more minutes.'' 

''You have 30 minutes to be dressed and downstairs for breakfast,'' I say sternly, kissing his cheek one last time before leaving the room. 

Niall actually keeps his promise and meets me exactly 30 minutes later, fresh from a shower and ready to go and eat something. We walk to the dining room and meet Liam, Louis and Zayn there. We quickly stuff some food in our mouth because it's already 10 and we have an hour drive to get to the studio for the interview. 

My palms are sweaty as we drive onto the parking lot and get guided to the right room. We sit down on a large couch and an interview comes hurrying into the room right after we settle down. 

He sits opposite of us after shaking all of our hands and introducing himself. His name is Patrick and he looks really nice. I feel more comfortable and relax a little. 

The interview goes how every interview goes, some standard questions and us joking about. I'm being quite quiet because I'm nervous as hell and I'm just waiting for him to ask the question and get it over with. 

''So,'' he starts, looking right at me. ''Harry, I think you've probably seen the picture that we're about to talk about.''

I nod and swallow thickly as the picture of me kissing Niall appears on a screen. 

''Do you want to tell me some more about it?'' He raises his eyebrow and waits for me to answer. 

I clear my throat and hesitantly open my mouth...

A/N: I want to update more but I just can't and it's annoying buuuuttt i hope you liked this chapter, because it took me 6 years to write it, sorry if it seems a bit rushed but i couldn't get into the right flow :) xox

Vote, COMMENT, Follow <3