Though, just before he reached his intended destination, she managed to grab the hilt of the said dagger firmly before bringing it up and positioning the glistening blade at his throat, stopping a hair's breadth away from his skin.

"You're pretty handy with your little playthings, aren't you?"

"I do not know, depends on whether or not that is a trick question?"

Cayden scoffed before slowly bringing his hand up and wrapping it around the blade of her dagger. He then managed to push the weapon away from his neck, the rehearsed movements bringing back old memories from their intense night a few days ago.

Scarlett cleared her throat, lowering the weapon for the first time at his demands.

"I learned a thing or two in the past. It is always handy to know new skills when you find yourself on the battlefield most of the time."

"That's the thing. How is it possible for a woman like you to know these advanced skill sets?"

"Girl Scout." Scarlett shrugged like that was basic knowledge that he should've known.

Cayden eyed her curiously. "You know that's not what I meant. You're not supposed to be found near a 'battlefield', Scarlett."

Scarlett scowled. "Mr. Carlisle, I would have though that you learned from our first encounter that I am not a huge fan of sexism. Just because I am a woman does not necessarily have to mean anything. I am the best at what I do, especially when it comes to throwing my "playthings" and that is it. No other reasons needed."

Cayden took a menacing step closer before leaning down to whisper in her ear,"Care to wager on that?"

"What are you intending?" She placed her palms against his chest and gave a forceful shove, but he only laughed and took a step back himself, loving the way she reacted to him.

"Let's see if you're really as good as you say you are with knife-

"-dagger!" Scarlett pointed out rather harshly.

Cayden paused, considering her words before nodding in confirmation. "Excuse me, with "dagger" throwing. To be honest with you, I'm not bad at it myself and I think it'll be nice to test my skills as well. You in?"

"Depends on what you choice the wager to be..." her voice died down as she patiently waited for him to finish.

"Why don't you choose instead?"

Scarlett gave him a suspicious look. "I do not understand why you make the bet in the first place if you want me to choose, but it sounds pretty fair to me. If I win, I get to continue my training sessions with William."

The smirk was immediately wiped from Cayden's face as he scowled, but still he didn't back out from his own bet. "Fine, but if I win... you tell me your real intentions with joining my gang and don't even try lying about-"

"I do not waste my breath with a lie, Mr. Carlisle. I never lie, because I am many things, but I am NOT a liar. And, furthermore, I have no reason to exaggerate or invent such things." Well, most of the time. Scarlett snickered at the voice in her head. It was true, she didn't lie. She just kept important information from people because it generally didn't concern the likes of them.

"Deal. Anything else?" She asked, clearing the target prior to their bet.

"Yes, actually. I think we should make this a little more interesting." Cayden followed her to the other side of the room. "How about removing a piece of clothing every time we miss the target? It has to be in pairs, though. Otherwise we'll be here all night. First one to reach the nudity stage, loses."