If only his body weren't so tense with burning irritation. He would've been the picturesque scene of idyllic perfection.

"It's not like I wouldn't care to help, actually." Smirking, I pulled myself away from Harr's grip, perching myself on the armrest of the chair beside where Xavier laid. "I have here a guide on how to love Jules Everett. If you're desperate, I don't mind sharing it with you for a small fee."

Xavier cracked an eyelid open. "A guide?"

Grinning, I nodded. "As Jules's best friend, I've compiled a desperate person's guide to becoming Jules's ideal other half. It's meant to help the people deemed worthy enough for the revered queen of heartbreak."

That seemed to be enough to get Xavier's attention. He sat up slowly, back hunched and knees bent. An arm was slung over his left knee as he turned his head a little so that he could look me in the eye.

"And how do you know if someone is 'worthy'?" He quirked an eyebrow up, still filled with hesitance.

Pushing myself back up to my feet, I patted at my pants leisurely. Bouncing over to Harr's room, I threw back a smile at a questioning Xavier and an amused Harr.

"I have a good eye for men!"

♕♕♕

The yellow faux-leather journal was small and compact. It probably held no more than two hundred pages. Out of that two hundred, it was most likely that less than a hundred were filled. Yet, there were colorful notes sprawled over the pages that were indeed written in. Drawings and diagrams were written, along with recipes, storybook or movie titles, and song lyrics.

For the people that truly wanted to capture Jules Everett's heart, the journal that was held in my fingertips could be considered a bible.

On the hardcover, only thirteen words were written in thick black permanent marker ink.

A Guide on How to Love Jules Everett

— as observed by Aiko Lee

"If you really want Jules to fall madly in love with you, I might be the only person that can help you with that." Waving the book around, my smile only stretched wider when I noticed Xavier's eyes following it.

Immediately, he reached over to grab it, leaning forward and pushing the desk chair in Harr's room out of his way so that he could get the book in his hands.

However, having long predicted Xavier's next move, I stepped away. I stood to a side and watched as he lost his balance from stretching too far, teetering where he stood before ultimately slamming into the ground face-first. From the door, Harr watched everything unfold. Xavier's ungraceful fall caused him to chortle in laughter, guffawing at his best pal's desperation.

"Ah ah, not that fast." I stretched out an empty palm, squatting down so that I could look Xavier in the eye. "I said there would be a fee."

Scowling, Xavier slowly got up to his feet. I raised with him, beaming brightly the entire way.

"What do you want?" he glowered.

"You know what, I'll put it on your tab. You owe me a favor. I'll collect it from you when I think of something." I turned my palm slightly. Instead of facing upwards at the ceiling, it now faced the side, prepped for a handshake. "Deal?"

As if doubting my words, Xavier eyed my hand cautiously. His pupils then moved to my face, squinting at my smile as if trying to find cracks or flaws in my offer. When he finally took my hand, his eyebrows were still knitted tightly.

His large hand enveloped my comparatively smaller one, grasping it for a single firm shake before letting go immediately as if he was holding a chunk of fiery hot coal. As soon as it came, the warmth of his hand was gone. Yet, that split second was all that was needed. Harr was present as a witness so Xavier wouldn't be able to worm his way out of the favor in the future.

"It's wonderful doing business with you, Mr. Park. Let's meet tomorrow at noon at KiddyzWorld." With that said, I stuffed the journal back into my bag, zipping it up before swinging it over my shoulder.

As I turned to leave, Xavier grabbed my upper arm, pulling me back.

"Why KiddyzWorld?" he queried, looking at Harr for answers as well.

Harr replied just as I pulled Xavier's hand off my arm, "It's where Jules is working at for the summer break."

I nodded in confirmation, patting Xavier's hand in a patronizing manner before throwing it back at him.

"See you tomorrow, boys! I've got a transformation to prepare for." With a wave and a skip, I was off, out of Harr's apartment and headed back home.

It was time to make Xavier Park shine brighter than ever before.

————

social media:

instagram: twelvewonderingstars (personal: aurorayeo)

twitter: aurorayeo (personal: aurorayyq)

facebook: twelvewonderingstars