Chapter One

It was finally time. Time for the first years to be sorted. Time to see if Emery and Grace would stay together.

"Lily Grace Prince!" Professor McGonagall called. Grace looked at her younger brother (by fifteen minutes) before walking up to the stool. She sat down and McGonagall placed the hat on her head.

"Difficult," the hat spoke. "Mother was a Gryffindor, Father was a Slytherin," it spoke. Grace just sat there. She didn't know her parents, so hearing what houses they were in didn't really bother her. "I know, Slytherin!" The hat shouted out. The Slytherin table cheered as Grace made her way over to her new house. After shaking some of their hands, Grace sat on the second to the end, closest to the front.

"Emery Evans Prince!" McGonagall called. Emery looked at his sister briefly before walking to the front.

"Another Prince!" The hat laughed. "I know where to put you!" He said. "Slytherin!" The hat yelled. Grace and Emery smiled at each other as Emery made his way over to the table.

After all the first years were sorted, Dumbledore stood up to speak. He explained about the third floor being off limits to all students, but the twins tuned him out. After he was done speaking, food appeared on the tables.

Grace and Emery looked at each other before digging in. Emery had a feeling he was being watched, so he looked up and around. He looked towards the Professors table and noticed a man in black robes watching him and Grace. Emery felt a bit uneasy being watched by the stranger in black robes.

Emery looked at his sister and nudged her arm a little bit. She looked up from her meal and looked at her younger brother. "What's wrong, Emmy?" She asked him, sensing he was feeling uneasy. "The professor in the black robes keeps staring at us," he told her. Grace glances at the table and saw what he was talking about. "Who even is that?" She asked him. Emery shrugged, not knowing who any of the professors are, except for Dumbledore and McGonagall who spoke.

"Isn't he our head of house?" Emery asked, taking a bite of his macaroni. Grace looked at the professors table and saw the black robed man was no longer looking at them, but would glance at them every few seconds. "Is he?" Grace asked. Emery shrugged and continued to eat.

Soon, dinner was over and the prefects led at the students to their common rooms.

"Professor Snape will be in soon to go over the rules," one of the prefects, Jack Marcuson, told the new students. Emery and Grace decided to the sit near a corner to talk alone. "What if this is like home?" Emery asked his sister. Grace looked at him and frowned. "I won't let anything happen to you, I promise," promised the older of the two. Emery nodded and smiled at his sister.

The twins were brought out of their conversation, when they heard the portrait to their common room open. Walked in, was the man in black robes that kept watching them.

"Everyone, pay attention!" The man spoke. The twins looked at each other before looking at the man. "I am Professor Snape, your head of house and potions master here at Hogwarts. The rules are simple," He started and looked around at all the new and old faces. "Keep your grade at a B or higher, no bullying, no dueling, always eat at meals, never enter the forbidden parts of the castle or the forbidden forest, if you have any problems talk to either a prefect from your house or to me. I expect good behavior and punishment for breaking any rule will result in, groundings, time-outs, privileges taken, and spankings," He told them.

Emery and Grace looked at each other, Grace seeing the light tears in her brothers eyes. Emery was scared and Grace knew it.

"Curfew, on weekends, is 22:30/10:30 for first years, second years 23:00/11:00, older years no later than 23:30/11:30. And everybody's curfew is 22:00/10:00 on weeknights," spoke the professor. "Now, you may do as you wish until curfew," He told them.