Man of the Shadows

This was truly terrifying. I would NEVER want to experience this again.

WARNING: Do not read unless you want nightmares.

Jk.

Enjoy. . .

Man of the Shadows

I went to bed after a long day. Tired.

I listened to music to help me calm down and fall asleep and in a few minutes, I was peacefully sleeping. My eyes closed and my body covered in blankets.

A Few Hours Later

I woke up. Though it didn't feel like it. I was unsure of the time. Maybe 2 or 3 am. But that was the least of my worries.

I couldn't move. I was unable to. It was an odd feeling. Never had I had this happen. It was like I was frozen. But, still breathing and blinking.

I felt paralyzed.

I laid there. With my arms at my sides.

And it was at this time I was more horrified than I had already been.

My eyes had darted to the doorway after having a strange feeling, like being watched. I noticed something strange.

It was a man. A shadowy figure. It had a long coat and a hat. But I was only able to see part of him.

He was peeking at me.

I couldn't see any eyes. Only a dark face.

I tried to look away but I couldn't move.

So I stayed there. Still. Terrified.

The man was certainly not my dad. It wasn't anyone of my family.

It wasn't a human.

It was a figure. A shadow.

After a few moments, I must've fallen asleep. I don't recall anything else happen after I slept. I woke up the next morning just fine. Though I still remembered what had happened.

I was afraid to walk out of the room. Remembering where the figure stood. I still remember and I'm still afraid. 

Who was that? What was that?

Who was the man of the shadows by my doorway?

Sleep paralysis: Temporarily being unable to move or speak. Can occur when falling asleep or waking up. Can sometimes be frightening.

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed. I surely enjoyed sharing my story and will certainly add more later on.

See ya. ;)