Chapter 6: Second Chances Aren't Easy

Magsimula sa umpisa

Either way she still preferred to spar with someone who was at least trying. She knew that if she asked Scott or Isaac they would only end up holding back. Allison was busy and human so she didn't want to risk injuring the huntress.

Malia only barely had any control of herself and Kira wielded a sword. She had thought about asking Derek but she thought he might be more preoccupied with his eyes now glowing yellow.

"You realize that your enemies won't hold back, right?" He reminded her. "You need to fight back with the intention of killing them if need be."

She scoffed, staring at him in disbelief as they both faced each other. "I'm not killing anyone." She told him in a cold tone. "If that's what you're trying to teach me here than I'll just ask someone else."

He stared at her, "Why didn't you?"

He had been surprised when he got her call about asking to train her since she never really learned to fight considering she had spent majority of her time training in the magical arts.

Imogen tried to not look as awkward as she felt in that moment. "Because I promised mom that I would give you a chance. Not that you deserve it but, I'm trying. Despite everything that you've done, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I owe it to her to at least try." She said, avoiding his gaze. "So you know, if you want to try this whole dad-daughter bonding thing then you have to also put in effort."

The former alpha stared at his daughter, feeling caught off guard. He hadn't been expecting her to say that. He had been starting to resign himself to them just having a distance between them for the rest of their lives.

He cleared his throat and gave her a slight nod, his lips quirking upward slightly. "I do want to try."

She was right, they owed to Viola to at least try to bond

She was right, they owed to Viola to at least try to bond. If he had known that he had a daughter all those years ago, there was no doubt in his mind that they would have been close but sadly, that wasn't the case. The reality was that they didn't have the best history between them but they were going to try to build a better one between them.

She hid her relief, "Great." She picked up her bag, ready to head home to shower and get ready for school. She was still a bit surprised that he got up early to meet with her.

"Alright, how about we go out to eat tonight? My treat." He offered.

She blinked, "Are you sure you can afford to treat when you just got robbed?" She teased, her blue eyes shining in amusement at the slight twitch in his brow. She smirked, "It's not funny right?"

He inhaled, realizing she was subtly talking about his comment about how dead people should stay dead. "I get it. I'll be more considerate with my comments towards you. I make no promises that I'll be nice to the rest of your teenage friends." He voiced honestly.

She nodded, "Fine, as long as you try." She stepped back. "I'll see you later then. I have to get ready for school. Just text me the time and place you want to meet."