Chapter Twenty-Eight: Ending in Victory

The comfort of the new home has brought joy to the young woman's heart, the smell of the clean sea healed her wounds- in and out, the cool breeze brought peace to her mind, and triumph to her soul. Months has passed since her escape from the past, her body was healed but her mind was still fragile as she could still feel the blood on her hands as the days go by; yet, each minute gives a new beginning.

Emelie wakes up fresh, the sound of the ocean waves greets with a smooth hello, exotic birds chirping outside her balcony door, sheets wrapped securely around her naked form- now that she is safe to lay naked in her own bed without worrying about a stranger sneaking in her room or even getting an awful cold during the night. For the first time ever, the young woman woke up with a smile and knowledge that it would be a peaceful day.

Covering herself with a silk robe, she walks on the balcony to see the ports below. Her business of keeping up with the booking and security was rocky for the first month, but she managed to catch on and keep track of everything. The ports were the most successful place in the island now and the most diverse as every ship of all kind come to settle there for business and pleasure.

"Madam?" A soft deep voice filled the room, causing Emelie to walk back inside to take a good look at Jacob's former butler and loyal soldier. A middle age man with history of battles and violence managed to become settle and work as a personal right hand man, Emelie immediately sought for safety in his presence. "Sir Henry has arrive for morning breakfast, shall I tell him to leave or are you prepared to sit with him?"

The young woman sighed heavily, during the months she has been known as Madam Georgina Harrison, a widow from England who gained the position as bookkeeper in the Davis ports. One of the first female of her color to gain such a powerful position, which attracts suitors, such as Sir Henry- a soldier with a family own sugar cane plantation, the business is slow but holds great potential in making a fine success one day.

Emelie sighed heavily and shook her head. "You do not have to scare him away this time, Carter, I will be down in a minute."

"Very well Madam. Also, there was news from home."

"And?"

"Lady Abigail gave birth to a boy, you are officially a sister, congratulations." Giving a curt bow, Carter walks out the room while closing the door behind him.

Emelie smiles brightens as the years of wanting a sibling has finally come, even if she is not able to see him up close. Dressing in her finest clothes and grooming herself, she joins the world by stepping out to the flat beach where a small table and brooding man waited. "Sir Henry, a pleasure to see you."

The soldier stands to his feet, revealing his full six feet height, ginger hair and hazel eyes. An average looking man with a greedy reputation. "Madam Georgina, I'm pleased that you have time for me today. I hope I'm not cutting in on too much of your time."

Gesturing to the seats, Emelie sits down and immediately indulged the fresh poured tea. "What brings you, Henry?"

"Sugar, I see you like it in your tea and use it in your breakfast."

She sighed heavily as it wasn't the first time the man wanted to discuss critical business with her. "As I said before, sir, I do not control the trades- only the ports."

"Yes, however, you are close friends to Mister Aaron."

"We have a natural understanding of not interfering with each other's business. Besides. Even if I could whisper in his ear, it is still up to your buyers to take in this pure sugar. Just because I am I woman, Sir Henry, does not mean I am clueless to a man's business tactics."