Chapter Four: All is Red

Start from the beginning

“What are you doing with my car?” a masculine voice with thick British accent said from my back. I froze.

Oh-oh… did I just get caught? Oh my gosh! What will I do? Will I just run and leave him there? But I don’t know New York, I might get lost! Will I smash the window of his Ferrari and drove off? But I don’t have the keys! Will I do a cartwheel towards him and kicked him where it hurts? Maybe I will do that one. Hohoho. But he might catch me and sent me to jail. Oh no…

“Miss, what are you doing with my car?” I heard him walked closer to me. Oh my gosh! We’re inches apart now.

“Mister….I…am…very…very…sorry…I’m…jus-“ I said as I turned around.

“You?!”

“You?!”

We both shouted in unison.

“You’re the guy at the airport!” I gasped.

“Yeah I am. And you’re the lady who rushed inside the male’s restroom.”

“It’s all your fault! You told me that it is the restroom.”

“Yes, I told you that it is the restroom. But I’m pointing at the other door, not the one that you went into.”

“You didn’t inform me!”

“I’ve tried to call you but you rushed inside.”

I face-palmed. “Oh! You’re right,” I shook my head as realization sink in to me.

“By the way, what at are you doing here? And what are you doing with my car?” he asked with confused look.

Oh shoot! I thought he already forgot it! “Ahm…I’ve just been hailing a cab for hours and noticed your car. So, I’m just checking what kind of tire you have. It’s a beautiful tire isn’t it?” I lied as I rubbed his car’s front tire. Laughing a little like a mad woman. Really, Cres?! A tire? I really wanted to shoot myself right now. Earth, please, just swallow me up so that I can escape this embarrassing situation.

He’s just staring at me curiously for two minutes.

“You know what? I’ll drive you home,” he cut the silence.

“What? No! No! I’m cool. I can handle myself,” I said as I raised my hands up to my head like surrendering.

I insist. So, I can also make it up to you for the airport incident. I should have tried harder to call you. So you didn’t have go to the wrong door.”  

“O-okay,” I muttered. Maybe he’s not a kidnapper, right? After all ha has a freaking Ferrari!

He opened the door at the passenger’s seat and waited for me to go inside.

“Thank you,” I muttered as I sat. Holy mother of bear! I felt like a celebrity sitting in here. Hihihi. He closed the door and walked his way in front of the hood to the driver seat’s side. He got inside and turned on the engine. Hmmm. I never thought that once in my entire life I will love the sound of a car’s engine.

“So, where do you live?”

“Ahm…here,” I said as I handed him a piece of paper with my address. I hadn’t memorized my apartment’s address yet.