Invade part 1

"Gather them up!" Johnson ordered.

"Johnson! What the hell is going on?!" Flora asked.

The man stood in silence. His vision was focused on the staff members being herded into the main building. Men dressed in armor and carried enormous guns pushed and nagged at many of the staff.

"What is going on Johnson?!" Sahara walked over to the man in charge, holding her wounded shoulder.

Johnson looked surprised, he turned to the woman and gave her a taunting look, "oh... you're still alive?"

The woman charged at him despite her pain. She tried to jab him which wasn't very successful, instead, she stumbled to the ground.

"Sahara!" Flora rushed to her side, "stop it... you'll hurt-"

"So, Sahara... have you thought about the deal, or are you going to be just like the rest of your friends?" Johnson mockingly grinned.

He stepped back and forth with his piercing eyes stuck onto Sahara. On the other hand, Sahara groaned in pain, trying to steady her self with the help Flora.

_____

Dan walked ran in a hurry along the long corridors towards the secret lab. There was something he wanted to confirm. It wasn't right for him to leave Sahara, but this was something important.

"Charles!" He called as soon as he arrived.

Guards, his men, tried to block him but with a swift snap of Charles' fingers, they stopped.

"Have you come here to rebel against Johnson and his work?"

Dan scanned the room, there was no Johnson, only Hudson, Charles, scientists and members of the security team were there. The lab was buzzing with noise - unpleasant noises. Dan switched his eyes from Charles to the creatures behind the glass. The humanoid aliens, the black serpentines, and... Kit... and Neil... and Lucian.

They were all tied onto a chair, eyes were shut like they were sleeping. But it was impossible. They weren't asleep, for they each have a large hole on their chest. Their ribs looked like something forced it to the point of breaking. Dan gasped as he watched worm-like creatures wriggling in containers.

"What the- What the hell is all this?!" He managed to spill out.

Charles gave out a very sinister sniffle, "well... y' know, they weren't of any use to him, and... well we couldn't just dispose of them - so we found some use for them."

"So you killed them?! Charles! It is our job to secure and protect the people here! Not kill them! What happened to you?! You used to be the man I looked up to, I followed your steps!"

Charles grinned, the wrinkles on his face becoming more defined as he did. The older man strutted around Dan, his hands behind his back and his voice rung side to side surrounding Dan.

"How do you like our work? Johnson didn't fully trust you enough, but since you're here - what do you think? Hudson has started 'experimenting' with those snake things. They're pretty cool actually - they go inside a host and-"

Dan pushed over Charles, grabbing the older man's collar, "you're a sick bastard, Charles. All of you are!"

Dan readied his fist and landed a pretty hard blow onto Charles' face which soon turned bruised. Another hit, but he missed. Charles may be old, but he still was as fast as he was before.

Charles rolled to the side and tackled Dan pinning him to the cold, hard floor, "so... how does the floor taste like?" Charles mockingly grinned.

Now restrained, Dan was forced to sit on one of the metal chairs inside the room where the massacre happened. He struggled, trying to wiggle his way free from the chains and belts that restricted his movements, but he was too powerless. He looked side to side to see the deceased corpses beside him. Were they planning on doing the same thing to him?

A small door opened from beneath, right in front of Dan. On a small platform was an egg-shaped thing. One of the objects he and his members confiscated. He wasn't sure what it was at first, but now that he was witnessing the grotesque way it split - witnessing a slimy creature crawl out, he was sure... it was an egg.

_____

BOOM

An enormous explosion disturbed the humans. A cloud of smoke flared up gesturing where the source of the thunderous sound was coming from. The nonstop rippling shots of guns vibrated in the ears and the screams of innocent people were terrifying.

"What's going on over there?" Johnson asked on a laid back manner.

Sahara snapped her head towards where the smoke was basically marking the spot. No one would ever use explosives, at least not within headquarters - so that only meant that it was them. The hunters. And they have come to take back what was stolen from them.

Quietly she tugged onto Flora's white coat, "we have to find a safe place... trust me you won't want to be here."

And without any further questions, Flora nodded and both women joined in with the crowd of rushing staff. Unaware, Johnson gestures to his armed men to go and investigate. It was impossible, he was sure that the HQ was fully guarded around its perimeters, how did those things get in?!