Insomnia // Daniel Pt. 2

Beginne am Anfang

Corbyn nods, and in one swift motion pulls his phone out of his pocket.

He dials the number, staring down at his bandmate, obvious fear in his eyes.

"He-hello. Um, my friend, he passed out and we do-", Corbyn starts talking to the operator as he exits the room.

Jonah pulls Daniel into his lap, cradling his head like a father to his baby.

"Come on bud. Wake up", Jonah says stroking the young teen's hair.

But he didn't.

Eventually, the ambulance arrived, and they hauled him on a stretcher.

Zach couldn't help but break down when they put an oxygen mask on Daniels' face.

"Sh, sh, sh. It's okay. He'll be ok Z", Jonah said to him.

Zach continued to sob into the boy's chest.

Luckily, Corbyn was sensible and asked for a big ambulance.

All four were allowed to ride.

Zach kept crying, Corbyn kept praying, Jack just sat in shock, while Daniel lay unconscious.

On the other hand, Jonah just wished he wouldn't have kept the whole thing a secret.

----------

Time Skip

A few hours later...

The boys sit in the waiting room, all exhausted from the day.

Zach was almost asleep in Jonah's arms when a nurse walked into the waiting room.

"Daniel Seavey?", she called out.

Zach perks up his head.

All four of the boys stand up, rubbing their eyes and stretching.

The young nurse opens the door to the hallway and shuts it after they all walk inside.

"Alright. I know your worried about your friend, but he'll be okay. We ran some tests, and we've calculated that Daniels has only gotten about 10 hours of sleep this past week", the nurse says.

"You mean per night?", Corbyn asks.

"Unfortunately no. I mean in total", she responds.

The boy's eyes go wide.

"We've concluded that he has a pretty severe case of insomnia, based on his exhaustion and brain patterns", the nurse explains.

"Whats insomnia?", Zach asks a little scared and embarrassed from not knowing what it is.

The nurse kindly smiles.

"It's a disorder in which it's very hard to get sleep. You can be laying down with your eyes closed for hours at a time, and not fall asleep. We've prescribed him some sleep medication that should help him at night. We've also provided a few light sedatives for those really stressful nights", she quickly explains.

"Okay. Well, how is he now?", Jonah asks.

"He's under a sedative to keep him asleep. Hopefully, he'll get some rest. But you can see him if you want. Room 177", the nurse says.

"Thank you so much", Jonah says.

"No problem", the nurse says before walking off.

Jomah begins going down the hallway counting up from room 149.

Eventually, they reach the room and stop.

Jonah looks at everyone. ,

"Okay. This is hard for all of us, but it's the worst for Danny. We have to stay strong for him", he says.

Everyone nods at him.

Then Jonah opens the door to the room.

It reveals a heartbreaking sight.

Daniel, on the bed, looking pale and lifeless, with a mask on his face, and a heart monitor on his finger.

Everyone homes back tears as they walk in.

"Ok look. I'll stay with him while you guys go home and rest. You deserve it", Jonah announces.

Everyone looks at him understandably and nods.

They stay for a few more hours, but only Jonah was left once visiting hours are over.

And so he just in the room and watches Daniel.

The steady rising and falling of his chest was all he could focus on.

Jonah pitied his bandmate and wished he could help.

Jonah just wanted Daniel home.

----------

A few days later, Daniel returned home. Now every night, he took sleeping pills at a reasonable hour and usually sleep. The boys never were surprised when Daniel would take a night every now and then when he had had a stressful night a few hours before. Everyone was just glad that he was okay. Especially Daniel.