Chapter 5: Old Friend

It was really just a dog, a husky to be exact. Getting a good look of this human, the dog ran up, throwing its weight around. A quick tackle is all it took to knoch Noah down. With the cameras finally picking this feed up, the doors unlocked. Matthew was the first to approach the scene.
        "That's peculiar.." He spoke, rather concerned. He clearly saw this dog before.
        "What is it..?"
        "I haven't seen this dog in years.." There was a pause in the words spoken, Ace was now approaching the older male.

"Good to see you again, Ace." He finally spoke, patting the dog on his soft little head. The dog circled him, before taking a seat right next to Noah, who was now on his feet.
        "Who's Ace..?" It was a strange question, he was clearly just a dog. Something seemed off though. Why would they let a dog even in here?
        "One of our old member's dog. It's rather strange however, for he went with him.." He pondered for a moment.

"Where did he go?"
        The dog stayed quiet. No gesture, pointing, nothing. Not even a bark left his maw. Noah didn't know how to react, nor did he really care. This.. "member" didn't seem important to him whatsoever. Why would he even begin to worry?
                Doesn't seem like Matthew cared either. After petting the pup's soft head once more, he made his was back down the hall. No words were shared. Not one. Ace, for some odd reason, stayed by his side, even when Noah made down the hall. He didn't mind that company however, the dog's presence was comforting.
...
        The two broke out from the ventilation, now in what is presumably the storage closet. They looked at eachother, now gathering their thoughts. It stayed quiet for a couple of minutes.
"If this facility is similar to our's, the leader's quarters should be down the hall, to the right." The woman spoke up. It was out of character for her to speak up like that.
"Maybe so. The vehicle bay should be locked down first, so the control room should be our first goal." He responded, with a soft voice. He then quietly took a peek out to the halls. The coloring of this facility was a dark silver, with black markings over the walls.
He was the first to step out, taking a left down the corridor. If mapped similarly, the controls were further down this direction. The first thing they've encountered was the barracks. All doors were closed, occupied.
"Maybe.. Going this route was a bad idea." He spoke to himself softly, the girl with him too the other direction from the looks of it. He proceeded down slowly, keeping his body low, and his guard high. Even so, it was still a very risky move to do. It was a big enough of a problem to pass through this labyrinth without getting caught. It was much worse when the sliding doors opened.
...
It was time for Noah to do some.. Research. He knew about the library in the furthest corridor. Knowing this facility, it was assumed to be all technological. Upon the approach, however, it was huge. Ten foot ceilings, with shelves reaching to the top. This was all historical information, too, each divided by the time periods they've taken. It was fairly easy to maneuver. He took one of the older books, around the 1900's, and started reading.