Women's Day Interview

So being the idiot that I am, I'd completely forgotten that I was supposed to post the Women's day Interview after Chapter-38. This is very late but at least it's here! I can't honestly say I'm very happy with this, but I couldn't come up with more questions without making the interview too centralized around their love life. I hope you guys like it

--

After a prolonged period of romancing in secret, Nakuul Mehta finally revealed his relationship with Surbhi Chandna to the public, a couple of weeks back

After a prolonged period of romancing in secret, Nakuul Mehta finally revealed his relationship with Surbhi Chandna to the public, a couple of weeks back. The two have just recently come back from a rendezvous in the dreamy island of Waiheke, pictures from where have left everyone (including us) on social media swooning!

So on occasion of Women's Day, we have with us none other than India's favorite cricketer himself, giving his first interview regarding his love life to Mumbai Meander! Read on to get a glimpse into Nakuul's still-new relationship, his thoughts on Surbhi Chandna and on all the women in his life.

Interviewer (I)- Firstly, Nakuul, thank you so much for being here. We know you don't usually give interviews so we're very glad you took the time out to be with us today.

Nakuul (N)- It's my pleasure. I'm glad to be here on occasion of Women's Day, especially since I read and appreciate all the articles you publish that uplift the women of our country.

I- That's very kind of you. So, tell us a little bit about your relationship with Surbhi Chandna. How long have you two been dating?

N (smiling)- Well, I would say officially we've been together for about five months now. But I've known her for a little more than that. We met at an IPL match where she had come on behalf of Star Plus, actually.

I- And was it love at first sight for you?

N (laughing)- Something like that. Whatever it was, all I know is at that point, all I could think of was spending more time with her and getting to know her better.

I- How has Surbhi mingled with your friends and family?

N- Oh, they all love her, even more than me, it seems! She's actually very close to all my friends—both from the cricket world and outside—and to my family. My niece especially is very fond of her 'mami'.

I- That's adorable! So Nakuul, how about we play a small rapid-fire round? You have to answer quickly and honestly, okay?

N- Sure.

I- Here we go. What is one thing about Surbhi that really annoys you?

N- Oh God, I'll be in trouble. But um, I think the fact that she can get quite messy at times. I myself am not a cleanliness freak—although she would refute that—but I do like to keep my room a little presentable!

I- Three things about her that you love?

N- Ah, there are so many things. I love how she's so passionate about what she does. How she can spread happiness and warmth wherever she goes. And this might be weird, but I love the way she looks at me?

I- That's so cute! Tell us something about her that nobody knows.

N- Well, she usually shares everything with everyone, including her fans. But I guess no one knows that she sometimes likes to dip cookies in coke. Such a weirdo, that girl.

I- That is indeed weird, haha! That was a very good rapid-fire, Nakuul.

N- Gee, thanks!

I- Moving on. What is it about Surbhi that attracts you the most?

N- Well, Surbhi is a strong, independent woman and I am proud to be a part of her life. It's difficult for me to pinpoint just one thing. She inspires me to be a better version of myself, and it is her love towards life and everyone around her that fuels me on.

I- Tell us a little about the other women in your life. Who has been, so to speak, the 'superwoman' for you?

N- It's funny you should ask that because I've actually always referred to my elder sister- Praachi- as being my superwoman. She's only about 4 years older than me but has been like a second mother to me all my life, and her kindness towards everyone and attitude towards life has made me what I am today. Not to mention, my actual mother is the person I would be nothing without. I'm blessed to have such empowering women in my life who inspire me to progress and do better at each step.

I- Being a cricketer yourself, don't you think the Indian Women's Cricket Team deserve more recognition?

N- They certainly do. I think it's sad that cricket has somehow become a 'man's' sport, even though our women's team is performing so well and even surpassing us a lot of times, which is really commendable given that they haven't been in the sport for very long. I personally love watching their matches and even urge people around me to do so, but I guess we still have a long way to go before everyone recognizes the Women's team's true potential.

I- It has been great having you here, Nakuul, and we couldn't have had a better conversation with anyone else on the occasion of Women's day. Is there anything you would like to say to the women of India before we end?

N- Thank you, I've had a lot of fun being here. As for the women of my country, all I can do is thank them for being the light of India. None of us would be half the people we are today if it weren't for you all. I really hope that someday, you get all the rights, freedom, safety and recognition that you deserve. 

Well, isn't Nakuul Mehta the perfect man a girl could ask for? We have to say Surbhi Chandna is a very lucky woman! A Happy Women's Day to all of you lovely ladies. We hope to keep giving you interviews with such amazing people-- who knows, maybe next time we'll bring both the love birds together? Stay tuned!