Chapter-15

I forgot to mention in this book, but I'll be super busy in August so expect very infrequent/no updates till the end of the month. Moving to college soon. Hope y'all understand! <3 

(silver_dustXX you wanted an update on the 9th, right? ;) )

**

I miss you :( 

I miss you more! Also, the picture you posted with your
parents is so beautiful! <3

You're beautiful ;) <3

Haha. Anyway I have to get back to shoot,
ttyl! :*

Nooo don't goooo

Shaking her head at his message with a smile, Surbhi kept away her phone. It was Day 3 without Nakuul, and although they did talk a lot over phone, she missed him terribly. She was glad that he was getting this much-needed mini vacation though, especially with his parents. He kept sending her pictures of Udaipur, starting from his house there to all the temples and lakes, and she was in awe of the city. Not to mention, she envied him because it had been months since she had gone on a vacation herself, the last one being a trip with college friends to Dubai. When she had told Nakuul that she was jealous of him, earlier that day, he had suggested they go on a vacation together. It had made her heart flutter, yes, but she knew it wouldn't be the best of ideas. Not when they still hadn't gotten around to spend much time with each other. 

Then there was, of course, the fact that he still hadn't asked her out. The current status of their relationship was quite lost on Surbhi, but she wasn't too worried. In fact, the longer he was stalling it, the more thrilled she was getting, what with his constant endearments and confessions of how much he missed her and wanted to see her again. He kept asking her, quite desperately, if she was attending Virat and Anushka's reception, but Surbhi wasn't sure if she was. She hadn't been invited directly, and since she and Nakuul weren't officially dating, it seemed strange of her to go. She would feel intimidated, amongst the biggest celebrities and cricketers of the country. And adding to that, the media would definitely question her presence there. It seemed like too much to handle, and although Surbhi was overly excited that she could actually attend VirUshka's party, the rational part of her was hesitant. She had even talked it over with her friends and family. While all her friends were urging her to go, her parents weren't too enthusiastic about the idea, naturally. For them, she was still a little kid and the party was for 'elders'. That was, quite literally, how her dad had put it.

Nonetheless, Surbhi still hadn't decided. She kept telling Nakuul she would think about it, but his relentless questioning didn't stop. She felt stupid playing the 'parent' card, but even when she had, he had told her that if necessary he would personally assure her father that he would take care of her.

Yeah, right. That was clearly not the way she would want her father and prospective boyfriend to meet for the first time, thank you very much.

When called for the next shot, Surbhi decided that she was not going to think too much into this whole party. As much as it would break her heart (and possibly Nakuul's, as well) to, she would not attend the reception. She was an adult, and she was not going to take any decision based on an impulse. Sighing sadly at the prospect of not going already, she typed a text to Nakuul.

Not attending the reception :(
Hope you understand <3

Keeping away her phone, Surbhi went off to shoot a scene where Annika would be manhandled by Shivaay, once again, into marrying him.