-TWO-

Saturday, 11am, I went to the backyard to play with Kookie. He really loves to run around despite him being a little old. We got him when I was seven. One day, Dad just got home from work, carrying a carton box. When Yujin and I opened it, we screamed for joy when a cute puppy jumped out. We named him Kookie because he's white and he has brown spots. He's a Shih Tzu. I take care of him because I promised to take care of him and I intend to keep that promise.

"Come on, Kookie. Let's go for a walk."

I carry Kookie and tie his leash on his collar before putting him down. He started barking once I opened the gate and then we took a stroll in the neighborhood.

Being with your dog might be a good way to ease yourself from the stress school has been giving. Dogs are too precious, they should be protected at all costs.

"You still good, Kookie?"

Kookie just barks and we continue walking down the road. It was a downhill one and Kookie started to run and I had to keep up with him.

"Kookie, slow down!"

I was slowly loosing my balance and I can feel myself tripping at any moment. Kookie continues to run and I just let go of the leash and let him run. I stopped running but I felt was about to loose my balance. When I thought I would fall, I felt myself leaning on someone's chest. My eyes grew wide when I came in contact with his eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm—" my eyes grew wide. "Oh. Jaemin."

Suddenly I forgot how to speak. We were technically holding each other, our faces so close that I can feel his breath on my face. I never noticed how much he's changed for the past years. He still looked the same but his physical features became more mature than the last time we hangout which was like eight years ago. He colored his hair into brown and his chin became more defined. He was taller than the last time I checked. I felt his arms and it had muscles! Has he been working out? Puberty must have hit him really hard.

Wait. What am I thinking?

I snapped myself back into reality. Jaemin holds my hands to help me keep my balance until I was able to stand properly.

"You good?"

"Yeah, I'm good."

Jaemin lets go of my hands and Kookie runs towards us then slows down when he was beside me. I held his leash again and continued panting, catching for air.

"Kookie, you really need to slow down."

"He still sure knows how to run fast."

"Yeah, he runs around our backyard everyday."

Jaemin lets out a chuckle while showing his smile. His smile is one more thing that did not change. It was still the same smile from the day I first saw him.

"You're taking Kookie for a walk?"

I nod my head, "You?"

"Mom told me to buy some bread."

Jaemin lifts up the plastic bag then bends down and rubs Kookie's neck. He smiles as Kookie licks his face and lets put another chuckle. Jaemin stands up, "So...you sure you can walk down this slope?"

I nod, "I can manage."

"Well, I'll see you around then. At school."

"Y-yeah. See you."

Jaemin waves goodbye then turns his back and walks away. 

Woah. That was the first time Jaemin and I talked for the past five years. Kookie barks and I look down on him.