"What should we do now? We can't hide for long."

"I don't know, I'll figure it out. In the meantime, I'll head over to a nearby store and buy what we need for the road." Alaska reached for the back of her pocket and lightly touched her wallet before remembering that there was nothing inside but a few dollars. She frowned.

Lyra rose a brow. "Need some money? Genevieve handed me some of her emergency savings."

"Hmm?"

"Yeah, a credit card."

"No," Alaska cut in. "We can't use those."

Lyra shrugged, "That's what I said. But apparently she made some certain... changes to her bank account so we won't be tracked. It's her own card."

Alaska snorted. "Whatever. Hand it over. I'm heading out now."

"Don't wander off too long," Lyra remarked as she handed her the card. Alaska shrugged and sent her a wave before walking out the door, leaving her by herself.

Lyra leaned back against her chair and frowned, somewhat disappointed in how their conversation turned out to be. Seeing how Alaska had no real motivation or interest in actually finding Sirena, she doubted that the woman cared enough to actually stay with her. Any moment now the female expected Alaska to just drive off and use any opportunity to fend for herself. Lyra wouldn't exactly blame her if she decided to leave.

But it'd be very lonely. Alaska was the only one who understood her, and through everything they've been through, she didn't want her to leave just yet. Unfortunately, she couldn't force her to stay.

Lyra sighed. What were they going to do now?

~*~

"Pet, I've brought another gift for you!" Levi happily sat a small box down in front of the blonde. Towards Sirena, he seemed like a dog today, wagging his imaginary tail around in excitement. She grimaced at the thought and hesitated to open the box.

Levi frowned, "What's wrong? Hurry and open it."

Sirena did what was asked and peered inside the small box before forcing a grim smile. "Another necklace... thanks."

"I've had a few custom made for you, but I figured this was the best one so far." Levi said. "I'll be gone throughout this whole week and thought to leave you here where it's safe, but I decided to let you come with me instead since I know I'll be missing you too much."

"What?" Sirena quickly forgot about the piece of jewelry and scrunched her brows at the male in front of her. "You're joking, right?"

He smiled brightly. "Why would I be joking?"

Not once has Levi ever agreed to let her go with him to his business trips. She only went two times during the first few months with him, and they all turned out horrible. But after years of him rejecting it, now he suddenly thinks it's okay? What was the blond up to?

Sirena slowly looked over at the necklace, feeling a bit unhinged. Did something else happen? It's possible that Levi would move her to another location, somewhere even much more secure and hidden than this place. She foolish enough to think that the necklace was nothing more than an accessory, she was certain that there was a tracker inside of it.