Chapter one

Hey guys, this is my first time writing on wattpad so please bear with me on this new and exciting journey. I hope you will enjoy my first story and if you do then please don't forget to comment and vote.

Many Thanks
Love shazk80 xxx

Chapter one

Looking around the room I gave out a happy, tired smile. Today was a busy yet such a rewarding day. It was mother and baby afternoon and the whole cafe was in a choatic albiet happy mess. The chatter of the mothers and the babbling and sometimes crying of the babies had created a noisy athmosphere that had many curious people passing by peering in at the window on more than one occasion but even the most stoic could'nt help but smile at the tiny terrors causing mayhem.

I rubbed behind my neck letting out a moan, God I was so tired, getting up reluctantly I started to turn the lights off to close up. I has was just about to close the blinds when I caught a movement in the building opposite. The old shoe shop had closed 6 months ago. Mr Blundell had decided to retire at the ripe age of 70. His words not mine. He know lived in a quaint village in france with his ever suffering but totally devoted wife. I missed him sometimes for he was like a father figure to me but we did stay in contact and he always bugging me to come and see him someday. Maybe I will take him up on his offer on of these days.

Coming out I crossed over, curious to know who could be in the shop at this time of day. Now I bet you thinking crazy girl what you doing? But I have never been one for thinking things through, that I do later when I find myself in more trouble then I can remember. The door was ajar and I pushed it open, I know,I know..just follow me.

''Hello! Anybody here?'' stupid question but what else was I supposed to say. I heard someone in the other room reply but I could'nt hear properly so I went further into the store. I have been in here numerous time, so I know the layout.

The backroom consists of a small kitchen and a washroom. Entering the kitchen I heard the toilet flush and then a few seconds later a man emerged wiping his hands on a towel. I looked up and gasped. He to looked as if had seen a ghost. Just my damn luck, of all the streets in all the world why the hell did Tony bloody Mitchum happened to be in shop that was situated on mine.

''What are you doing here?'' I almost screamed at him.
''Why are you here? Are you stalking me? ''I had turned almost red with anger and my body was shaking.

''Don't flatter yourself babe!''He recovered from his earlier shock and was back to being the smug arrogant bastard that I remembered.

''I am not your bloody babe! And you have'nt answered my question.'' I shot back, God I hated him, he made it all come back. It did not help at all that time had been kind to him. Back then he was extremely good looking, all the girls practically in love with him and the boys envied him but also wanted to be him. He was now more beautiful with age. His thick dark hair worn slightly longer almost touching his collar, his mesmering green eyes a shade darker with laughter lines making him rugged and his full mouth had slightly thinned but he still had the deep dimples on either side of his cheeks that had deepened with age.

''You have lost the right to question me babe!'' Emphasising the last word. '' Now if you don't mind ,
I would like you to leave my shop''.

''Wha - what you mean your shop!''. No I screamed inwardly ,this is not happening, he can't, he would'nt dare.

''What? Did you not hear me the first time?'' he shouted, ''you do not need to seek answers from me, Now get out''.

He turned his back to me dragging his hands in his hair. I knew him to well. I will not be getting any answers. I turned and ran out of the shop and into the safety of mine. Closing the door, I leaned on it and try to fight back the tears. Why? Why? after all this time did Tony bloody Mitchell had to walk back into my life.

After a few minutes of dwelling, I wiped my tears away and straightened myself up. Okay Kara. Yep I like talking to myself in the third person, yep crazy girl.

I am strong. I am strong. I am strong. My mantra when things get tough. I am not going to let him destroy me again. I will carry on with my life like normal. Tony bloody Mitchell will not impact my life again. Giving myself a mental pep talk I almost missed hearing the ringing of my phone.

Quickly running to my bag I fished out my phone and saw my moms caller ID. shit,shit shit. She is going to kill me. Taking a deep breath I answered keeping the phone a few centimeteres away from my ear.

''KARA LILY KING!!'' she screamed down the phone. ''WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU PLAYING AT?. I winced at the phone. Mom was really pissed, I don't blame her really as I was supposed to be at her house thirty minutes ago. Mom was a very punctual person and she expected everyone she knew to be the same.

''Sorry mom, I'm on my way. Something cam..''. I was stopped midway. ''

I don't care if you are having tea with the bloody queen, come home this instance!''
she angrily replied. With that she cut the line. Damn I'm in trouble, big trouble.

Grabbing my bag and coat I quickly locked up and crossed the road like a mad woman to my car, almost missed getting hit by a car. Getting in I started my baby up apologising in advance for the abuse she will be suffering. Yes, yes, My car is my pride and joy, will talk more about her later but now I'm in a hurry. I screeched down the street taking a sharp left turn almost hitting someone in the process, slowing down I rolled down my window and was about to apologise but then I realised who it was and carried on, however I heard him quite clearly. ''Crazy bitch, watch where your going''.

I could'nt help myself , extending my arm out I flipped him the bird. Somethings never change eh?. I continued speeding down towards moms where my beautiful but handfull 8 yr old twins will be waiting impatiently for their mother with my mother. Oh dear.