Chapter Eight- The Truth

I didn't know what was going on. But I didn't like it. My body felt funny. My eyes widened.

" You have to fight his power. The night of the bloody moon in coming." The voice whispered. " Don't let him over power you. He is not your uncle!"

My heart quickened. My lungs gasped for air. I needed to sit down. I needed to think. Drake entered the study.

" Yeah. Thank you." Drake said before he hung up the phone.

He looked at me. Frowning his eyes narrowed. 

" She came to you. You know everything now. Everything is ruined."

Fear entered my body. I Started to shake as he came towards me. Rage filled his eyes.

" D-Drake... Please don't..." I began to beg.

" You were under my spell and now everything is ruined."

" No its not..." I stated cowering in the chair as he advanced towards me.

His hands were clenched into tight fists. He was completely enraged. There was no way in hell that I was going to marry him anymore. Not after what I saw. My heart pounded ever more. My chest began to hurt.

" Now you know the truth. You know what is going to happen," He began. " Than you must know something else. I only claimed to be your uncle so that I could get you here. I killed your actual uncle when your father was a baby."

I couldn't breath. Tears rolled down my cheeks. He grabbed my wrist hard. So hard it hurt.

" Y-your hurting me." I stuttered.

" I don't care. Your going to betray me aren't you?" He asked voice filled with hurt and anger.

" I am not going to." I swore. " I made a deal with you."

His eyes narrowed. He studied my face for a few seconds before he pulled me up. He held me in his arms, head on his chest. Silence surrounded us. He was shocked.

" I am so scared," He confessed. " If I lose you. If you don't marry me. Than everything will be ruined. I won't be able to have my powers back."

I thought deeply for a minute. Than something clicked. He stories were only half true. Drake was the Vampire prince. 

 He is going to kill me. I screamed in my head. 

Panic filled every inch of my body. Teared poured from my eyes, soaking his shirt. He held me a little tighter. Somehow feeling my distress. 

"Y-you are going to kill me!" I proclaimed. 

"No. No. No," He replied quickly. " The ceremony is a blood ceremony, I have to turn you."

His words brought little ease to my nerves, making my more alert than ever. I needed to find away out, a way to defeat him. Without Carmen getting hurt. 

"Why did you not tell me from the beginning?" 

This question brought him to look me in the eyes, he leaned back a little to do so. His eyes searched mine and it seemed like we sat there for a long while. 

"I," He paused. "I don't know."

I pushed away from him. 

"Do you know how sick and demented this is." I snapped at him. 

Oh I was angry. I took a deep breath to calm myself. Drake cocked his head to the side puzzled by my statement. I took in a sharp breath and huffed. 

Does he know what he did was wrong? 

"In human society family relationships are wrong and taboo." I explained. 

He gaped his mouth open in awe. His eyes flashed several different emotions. Most of which was confusion. I guessed it was because he was from a time much different than this one. I almost felt sympathetic towards him. Almost. 

"I put you trough a trauma?" His voice was both puzzled and concerned, making him talk slowly. 

"More like a metal break down." I corrected. 

He breathed deeply. He seemed to be in a lot of thought. Processing the information I just gave him. My eyes looked him over as he shift his posture several time before finally opening his mouth. 

"Are you going to try and stop the ceremony?" He questioned. 

"I made you a promise," I began, I was a little offended that he was so insecure and needed to be reassured. "I do not go back on my word as long as you have kept your end."

I could not get the image of Carmen coming to see me out of my mind. It excited me that he would be coming to rescue me. Drake pursed him lips. I got the feeling that something was off. He shook his head. I felt like a third wheel in his conversation between him and himself. I shifted my gaze off of him as his eyes met mine. His eyes spoke secrets that his mouth could not.

"What have you done to Carmen." I demanded. 

"Nothing." He replied, voice uneven. 

I sighed. This was pointless. I was relieved that Drake was not actually my uncle and that took a burden off of my chest. 

"Take me to see him." I commanded through clenched teeth. 

Drake balled his hands into tight fists. He was seething with anger. He grabbed me by the back of my hair, pulling it roughly so I would look up at him. 

"He is fine. You should not be worried about another man when your are soon to be married." He snarled, fangs growing. 

I reached up to grab his hand, wanting him to let go. He stared into my eyes, analyzing them.

"Let go." I screamed. 

"Promise me you will forget about him." He retorted. 

I could not take anymore of this abuse and stomped on his toe. immediately regretting my actions. He pulled at my hair even harder, almost ripping it from my head. I tried to hold back tears as my eyes swelled. I wanted him to let me go.

"Your hurting me!" I yelled. 

"Promise me." Was all he stated. 

"Fine I promise!" I screeched. 

When he let go I fell to the floor. I could not suppress my sobs any longer. I was even more devoted to kicking his ass and making him pay. Throw a little suffering in there and it would be better. He walked away from me just as someone knocked on the door. 

"Yes." He answered, opening the door wide. 

My cheeks grew red as I heard someone gasp. Someone seen me sobbing on the floor. I picked myself off, back turned towards them and dusted the dirt off. I needed to be strong right now.

"The caterers are here." A female voice said recovering from her shock.

"We will be right down." Drake nodded to the woman and gave her a swift smile before shutting the door. 

He turned around, quickly, to face me. I felt his arms snake around my waist. He pulled me to him, pressing my back up against him. For something so cold he was warm. The back of my head throbbed. I wanted to cry, yet no tears came out. 

"I wish you would stop hurting me." I managed to say, words barely loud enough to be considered a whisper. 

His chested heaved behind me. He knew he should stop to. They really were from different from times. He laid his head down upon my head, and we stayed that way for a few minutes. 

"We need to go down stairs now," he said grabbing my hand, leading me out of the study. "We need to pick the decorations and prepare."

For once his voice was cold and distant. It both enlightened me and disappointed me.