Chapter Five- What Have I Done

-Two Weeks Later-

What have I done. Ecoed through my mind over and over and over again. Drake had met every demand of my offer. Carmen, well I hadn't seen him in two weeks it felt like more. I missed him so much. I wanted to see him. My heart felt like it was gone. The day he left... it felt like it was ripped from my chest... And in one week was the scheduled time for... I shuddered. In one week I would no longer be human... no longer be... mortal. 

Again I shuddered. Looking out of the window didn't help my knotted stomach. I wanted to go out side, but Drake didn't trust me. He didn't want me to leave his sight at all. My eyes lingered on the rising sun. I pair of strong hands found my shoulder. 

" What are you doing up this early, my dear?" Drake's voice asked in my ear.

" Why are you not asleep?" I asked, avoiding his question.

He sighed.

" The bed is empty." He answered.

It was my turn to sigh.

" I m watching the rising sun... while I still can." I announced. 

He rested his chin on the crown of my head. His arms wrapped around my waist. I stopped a shivered from going down my spine. Swallowing my disproval, I placed my hands on his. His breath caught in his throat. I want to pry his arms off of me, yet chose to let him have his moment, before I ruined it. 

" I want to see him." I growled through my teeth.

" See who, my love?" He asked, pretending not to know who I was talking about.

" Carmen." I growled through my teeth.

I felt every muscle in his body tense. I knew he was afriad that I would want to see him. He sighed.

" Please lets not talk about this right now." He begged.

I didn't want to push the matter further, from the fear of what he would do if I did, so I let it go.

" Okay."

He kissed the crown of my head.

" Come dear, lets get some rest." He suggested.

I rose, still looking out of my window.

                                                              *                        *                      *

I opened my eyes to the setting sun. Drake was awake yet he never left me side. I wished with all my heart that Carmen was there instead of him. I sighed.

" What are the plans for tonight?" I asked emotionless.

His grip tightened around me. I laid within the insanity of his arms.

" I just want to lay here with you in my arms." He answered.

My heart fluttered... than I realized who said it and the fluttering stopped. I wanted to run away and never turn back.

" Don't we have a wedding to plan?" I hissed, unknowingly.

A growl erupted from his chest.

" OUR  wedding planning can wait for a little. I want to hold you. I want you to love me." He snarled in my ear.

Thank god my back was turned towards him, because the tears poored from my eyes like a river.

What Have I Done!!!!!!