Chapter 1

Unfortunatly, I do not own Hakkenden.

Shino was bored and it had only been 3 hours since Sosuke left. He was stuck in the mansion with only Rio for company. Shino rudely stormed into Rio's office.
"Rio!" He shouted.

The man glanced up from the paper he was reading. "What's wrong?"
"I'm bored." Shino stated.
Rio did nothing but sigh. "Find something to do then Shino. I'm busy today."

Shino slammed the door behind him. Fine. If no one would play with him then he'd go play in the forest.

***

It was getting late. It had to have been about 4 hours since he left the mansion and no one had come looking for him.

"Murusame!" Shino called. His crow returned to his arm. The sky was beginning to turn black; it was time to head home.

Rio searched the entire mansion. Shino was nowhere to be seen. He then checked his watch, 9:12 pm. What time did Shino leave his office? Rio slowly began to panic. A thousand questions ran through his head. Did he go outside? Has something happened to him?

***

"I'm home!" a loud voice announced, bellowing through the halls.
"Sosuke!" Rio shouted.
Sosuke put his bag down. "Has something happened?"
"Shino's missing."

***

The concrete floor was freezing. As a matter of fact the entire room was freezing. Shino tried to call Murusame but nothing happened. His hands and feet were bound and he was lying on the floor. From what he could tell no one else was in the room. His head felt like a ton of bricks had been dropped on it. It wasn't intentional but he let out a slight groan and rolled on his back. What was going on?

***

"You were supposed to be watching him!" Sosuke barked.

His veins were like ropes, and it looked like his eyes were about to pop out. Rio's eyebrows began to twitch. His patience in Sosuke was growing thin. Sosuke had been sniffing around the forest for half an hour now. They were yet to have any luck.

***

Shino spat blood. Great, he thought. Now he was internally bleeding. After the fifteenth punch to the gut he stopped counting. The smell of his own coppery blood made him want to barf. The taste in his mouth was like toxic. Shino glanced up at his beaters face but it was covered with a black mask.

"WHERE IS HE?" He screamed, almost popping Shino's eardrums. Shino whimpered.

"I-I don't know what you mean! Where is who?" He pleaded.

He was answered with another punch and rewarded with a kick to the shin. Shino cried out in pain. All he wanted was So and Rio. Where are they? Why are they letting this happen to him? Surely they've noticed he's missing by now, right?

Satomi Rio was eagerly running after Sosuke, whom was currently in his dog form.

"You're sure we're going the right way?" He asked.
"I'm positive." Sosuke replied as they were met with a small concrete building.

They charged in like there was no tomorrow. Quite possibly that could be the case for Shino.

Shino, Sosuke thought. The one he thought of as a brother. He would never forgive himself if anything happened to his brother.

Shino lay, panting. The door eerily creaked open.

"Boss!" a frantic voice said. "There are intruders; we believe one of them is the man you're looking for!"
The man he called 'boss' growled. "Brilliant."

The last thing Shino heard before blacking out was the banging behind the men who left.

Sosuke had just knocked out the man who just attacked him. After he went down, the remaining grunts ran off. So, Sosuke guessed he had just taken their leader down. He walked towards the door the two men had just come out of.

"Shino!" He shouted, catching Rio's attention. Rio also then ran into the room So had just entered.

Sosuke was hovering over Shino's limp body.

"No!" Rio checked Shino's pulse. From what he could tell, there wasn't any broken bones other than his ribs. His chest was badly bruised and bloody. He had a trickle of dried blood coming from his mouth.

Rio relaxed. "He should be fine once we get him home and his wounds tended. I don't think it's severe. He probably passed out from exhaustion."

Shino groaned. He felt someone carefully pick him. All of a sudden a wave of heat came over him; he began to feel safe again. He opened his eyes.
"Sosuke," He said weakly.
Sosuke comforted. "It's okay Shino. Everything is okay now." He hushed.