Chapter 3 - Hello

Start from the beginning

He then led us into the bedrooms which weren't much and left us with the instruction to get changed into the Dauntless clothes and make our way to the dining hall.

"Well this is gonna be one heck of a ride" Christina said once Four had gone. Without any chatter, everyone made to a bed, no discussion needed as me, Christina and Tris took our place side by side each other, nearer to the back of the room where it seemed less public to get changed in.

I catch the boys glancing our way every now and then and sniggering to their mates about it making me mad but also self-conscious. Once the three of us were into the skin tight, curve hugging clothes, we made our way to the dining room once someone came to lead us. The leather did nothing to hide any insecurities I observed, as some tried to casually hide their stomachs with folded arms, while it only boasted the ego of others who thought they had some worthy physical attribute. We chucked our old faction clothes into an incinerator I think. The glowing embers could be something I could watch and never get bored but unfortunately couldn't right now.

As we all stepped into the dining hall, full of buzz and rattling with people sparing us glances to check us out before getting back to their previous conversations on who knows what.

The three of us found some empty seats, Tris with the one next to my brother by coincidence. I recognised the food before us as burgers. I only knew this because of random books I would find and read out of boredom whenever I visited Erudite to volunteer in one task or another.

"Have you never seen a hamburger before?" Christina asked Tris who was staring at it like it was some sort of alien.

"No, I've seen one. I've just never eaten one" She stuttered lightly.

"Abnegation eat plain food" A boy opposite us began. I was too busy giving Four sneaky glares to concentrate on what the boy was saying.

"Which text book did you swallow?" Christina's joke pulled me back in.

"Nice to meet you too" He said with a smile. "I'm Will. Erudite" He introduced himself. I know a Will that tranfered to Dauntless from Erudite! Except he's a few years older. Hunting him down later is what I need to do.

"Off course you are" She confirmed nodding. Then the pair began having a conversation on something I zoned out again and I heard another voice that belonged to Al who was sat next to Will.

"I don't want to hear about your old factions" Four butted in glaring at them all. "You're Dauntless now" He said taking a sip of his drink.

"Were you a transfer too?" Tris asked speaking for the first time since we'd sat down. I had to stifle a giggle at Four's expression. "Or Dauntless born?" She added innocently, pushing it however.

"Are you kidding?" He muttered while I stuffed a mouthful of bread in my mouth to stop me from saying something stupid or laughing stupidly.

"No" She replied. She was too kind.

"What makes you think you can talk to me?" He began going all serious now.

"Must be because you're so approachable" The cheek. A weird grunt came out from my throat as I swallowed my last bite and hid my face in my chest.

"Something funny stiff?" He said leaning over slightly. I figured he was still talking to Tris but a nudge in the side off Christina told me otherwise. I cooled down my hot cheeks before lifting my head up and looked directly in his cold, hard eyes giving him the best serious expression I could muster.

Before I could reply with something that would annoy him, the Dauntless guy that told us to jump off the roof, comes and sits on the other side of Four.