Chapter 8: Can't keep my eyes off of you

I opened my eyes and was surrounded by darkness. I blinked as I realized I was half over Nolan. My head on his bare chest. I began to move off when his arm tightened around me. I dared look up and found Nolan still had his eyes closed. I began to move off him again, but his arm just pulled me back.

"Go back to sleep," Nolan mumbled.

"I have to go home," I said. I wasn't entirely sure what time it was, but I got here after three and it was already dark out. I began to move again but Nolan pulled me back once more.

"Shhh," Nolan said.

I managed to extract myself from him and I got up. I was only wearing a shirt of his and Nolan was only wearing his briefs.

"What time is it?" I said as I yanked on my running shorts. I looked around for my phone and realized I had left it at home.

"It's... 8:34," Nolan said.

"Shit," I said as I looked around for my top and bralette. Then a light was turned on and I spotted my sweater,

"Got somewhere to be?" Nolan asked.

I looked over to him. "Something like that," I said.

Nolan was sitting up and watching me.

I looked at my sweater in my hand.

"You can take my shirt, if you don't want to change right now... and you can just bring it back later," Nolan said.

I glanced over to Nolan, his sharp eyes on me. I looked down at the ground and over to him.

"Nolan..." I trailed off.

"It's just a shirt," Nolan said.

I managed to nod. "I'm not... looking for a relationship," I said.

"Neither am I." Nolan watched me.

"Okay... uhm... I'll see... I'll see you later then," I said. I quickly spun around and tripped on my sandals. I quickly slipped them on and got out of the room. I held my breath as I made my way to the front door. I really didn't want to bump into Agnes. It wasn't like we had sex-sex, but I didn't want to tell that to Agnes. Ever.

__________*__________

Adi was going on about her weekend with Jason as she drove us to school. I'd spent the entire weekend in my room. My parents had been gone when I got home from Nolan's. They hadn't even realized I left.

Nolan had not contacted me, and I was still not totally sure how to feel about that. I was a little worried, I really didn't want people to know about what had happened. I did not need people calling me a slut or whatever. And it's not like we actually had sex. Plus, it was none of their damn business. But I wasn't sure how to talk about that with Nolan.

"Riley," Adi said.

"Hmm?" I responded.

"What's going on with you? You have not been paying attention at all."

"Have too."

"Oh yeah? What was I just talking about?"

"Jason."

"Lucky guess."

"Sorry Adi. I'm just having... an off morning," I said with a shrug.