Chapter 2: i'm breaking the habit, tonight

Chapter 2.

I'm breaking the habit, tonight.

            "Nolan!" I said as I went over to the lunch table he sat at. I had mentioned his sister dating during second period and he shut the idea down immediately. I had to wait until now to talk to him again.

Nolan looked over to me. "No," he said before I could say anything else.

I huffed and sat down next to him. "Nolan."

He grabbed some fries, ignoring me.

I took a deep breath, so I wouldn't hit him on the back of his head. I was ready to be diplomatic.

            "What's going on?" Jason Brigs asked as he sat across from Nolan. Jason was one of the fantastic four. That was what the school called Nolan and his buddies. It was dumb. 

            "Riley here wants my baby sister to go on a date," Nolan said with a roll of his eyes.

            "I didn't know you were into girls Minnie," Levi said who was next to Jason, across from me. He was another member of the group.

I flipped Levi off but kept my eyes on Nolan. "Not with me," I said trying to keep my cool.  

            "She's too young," Nolan said. 

I rolled my eyes this time. "You were sleeping with half the volleyball team at her age." I was losing my patience.

            "That was epic," Jason said.

I rolled my eyes again. Boys.

            "Exactly! Guys only want to get in her pants at that age," Nolan said.

            "You're such a hypocrite!" I said mad.

Nolan just shrugged.

I gritted my teeth. "Just let her go on one stupid date."

            "No."

            "You're unbelievable." I resisted the urge to shake him silly.

Then Samantha sat down next to Levi.

            "Ooh, we sitting here now?" Samantha said with a smile.

            "No," I said.

Sam ignored me.

            "Why are we over here?" Adi said as she sat down next to me.

I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest. I reached over and pulled Nolan's fries away from him.

            "Hey!" Nolan said.

            "Not until you say yes," I said as I plopped a fry in my mouth.

            "Oh hun, you have to beg boys to sleep with you? No wonder you're single," Samantha said with a sweet smile.

I looked over to her, with a raised brow. 

            "I'm joking," she said.

I shook my head slightly. "You're such a hypocrite Nolan." I turned all my attention back to Nolan.

            "Boys are jerks. No one is going to break my little sister's heart," Nolan said.

            "Oh, like you've broken so many hearts?" Adi said with a raised brow.