Chapter 24 ~Percy

"Loving is easy

"Loving is easy

You had me f*cked up
It used to be so hard to see
Yeah, loving is easy
When everything's perfect
Please don't change a single little thing for me" ~ "Loving is Easy" by Rex Orange County

Listen to: "Saturday Nights" by Khalid

I woke up the next morning to one of the twins crying and Emery's head on my chest. Instead of waking Em up to get them, I squirmed out from under her trying not to wake her up. I walked across the hall to the twin's room and seen that it was Amberly that was crying. As I walked over to her bed, I remembered that Emery said she usually cries if it's not her who picks her up. I thought about the time Amberly let me change her and how she didn't cry, I picked her up and started rocking her until I could lay her back down. After a few seconds of trying to calm her down, she finally started to stop crying.

When I laid her back down in her crib, as soon as she was out of my arms she started to scream and cry again. I picked her back up and rocked her until she fell asleep, I decided to stay with her for a while longer so that she wouldn't cry again.

"Percy?" I looked towards the door and saw Emery at the door rubbing the sleep from her eye's,

"Hey, she was crying, and I didn't want to wake you up, I hope you don't mind,"

"It's fine, thank you," she still looked confused,

"I tried laying her back down, but she started crying again, so I picked her up and she stopped, and to make sure she wouldn't cry again I stayed with her," I defended.

"Percy, I said it was ok," she reassured me, "you're cute when you are nervous,"

"I'm not nervous,"

"You are, I can tell, I can see you blushing from here," she walked over to me and took Amberly from my arms, "I mean it, thank you,"

"That is why I wanted to ask you out in the dark room, but your welcome," I kissed her forehead, "I probably should get going,"

"Ok," she sounded sad.

"Unless you want me to stay?" I offered.

"Of course, I do," she smiled.

"What do you want to do?" I asked.

"Let's just watch more movies,"

"I have a better idea,"

"Uh oh. I don't like when you have ideas,"

"Let me teach you to drive,"

"I have the twins today,"

"You will be fine, I will be with you the entire time," I promised.

"Percy I-,"

"Do you trust me?" I asked.