Secretly she wished Lexa wasn't going back to her parents, somehow, having her there just made her feel safer.

"Not a fucking chance," Raven said as she slung an arm over her shoulder. "That loser isn't getting anywhere near you."

Though it had been a couple of months since they'd broken up, Finn was still relentless in his attempts to talk to her. He called. He texted. He waited outside her classes, and even had an extremely worded exchange with Raven, who for good measure tipped a soda on to his head.

Clarke really needed Saturday. She just needed some downtime with her friends, her people, and thankfully, it came quick.

"Hey, hey, my girls!" Jasper exclaimed as Clarke, Octavia and Raven arrived that night. "Bring anything good?"
"Of course," Raven replied confidently as she deposited a bottle of tequila onto the counter.
"Nice!" Jasper smiled happily, rubbing his hands together.
"As soon as everyone's here we should order some pizzas and get a good game of cards going," Monty suggested as he dumped a bunch of limes onto the counter. "Help me out, will you?" He said to Jasper.
"I'll help you." Clarke offered pleasantly as she tied back her blonde locks and walked to the sink to wash her hands.

Soon after, Lincoln came through the door, also carrying a bottle of tequila.

"Great minds," Raven nodded to him.
Lincoln placed a quick kiss on Octavia's cheek and looked at Clarke. "No Lexa?"
"No," Clarke answered and shook her head. "She had to go home."
"Home?" Lincoln's eyes narrowed slightly as his brow furrowed. "As in, to her parents?"
Clarke stared back at him and nodded. "I told her to text me if it gets too crazy."

Clarke knew that given their history, Lincoln probably knew a lot more than she did about Lexa's parents and though she'd never ask him to explain, the concern in his eyes only confirmed the thoughts that she already had.

"Are her parents really that bad?" Monty asked curiously.
"Yes," Clarke and Octavia answered in unison and Clarke glanced at her, wondering if maybe Lincoln had shared some of his knowledge with her already.

"They're that bad." Lincoln stated plainly, but didn't elaborate.

A few hours later their little party was in full swing and their bellies were pleasantly stuffed of pizza and tequila. Clarke leaning against the table, watching Raven and Jasper arm wrestling when her phone started ringing on the counter. Glancing over she saw the name Lexa's on the screen.

"Hey you," she laughed happily into the phone. "How's dinner? We miss you."
A light sob drifted through the phone.
The room around Clarke swirled, instantly spinning her sober. "Lexa?" Clarke's alarmed voice echoed in the room causing everyone to turn and stare at her, their eyes showing both concern and curiosity. "Lexa?"
"I can't.....Clarke..." she choked. "I just can't...breathe..." another light sob.
"Okay, Lexa, okay. I'm right here" Clarke said into the phone, surprised at how in control her voice sounded. Never had she thought that she would be so grateful for the panic attacks that she had endured throughout high school. "Just focus on my voice," she told her.
Instantly Lincoln was at her side. "Get her to breathe," he said firmly.
"Listen to my voice, okay?" Clarke kept her voice calm and even. "I want you to try and count with me, okay? Come on, Lexa."

This went on for several excruciating minutes before finally Lexa's breathing evened out and her sobbing subsided.

"Thank you," Lexa whispered softly. "I'm sorry for bothering you. I just..." a pause. "I have to get back now."
"It's okay," Clarke said into the phone. "Listen, I'm here if you need me," she ended the call and looked desperately at Lincoln.
"Panic attack," he said knowingly.
"Yes," Clarke nodded.