10 | Mr. Hemmings

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
He is falling in love and he
knows it's enough
- Johnny Boy, Twenty Øne Piløts
└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

I faintly hear Luke's voice carry from down the long corridor as I sit in a cushiony chair in a lounge. A secretary sits to my right at her desk and assured me that Luke would be out of his meeting in 15 minutes... a half an hour ago.

Suddenly the talking I once heard ends and I once again gain hope that his meeting may be done and we may go eat lunch now.

"Mr. Hemmings will see you now" the woman calls out to me, getting up from her seat and walking me down the hall to a large looking office. "Here you are"

"Thank you." I say before opening a giant black door.

"Hey," I smile to the man in front of a very large pile of papers on his desk.

"Hey, Vi" he smiles to me.

I walk over and sit in a chair across from him, "How was your meeting?"

"Let's save that for lunch. How does Thai sound? I'm starving."

"Perfect." He quickly walks around the desk and wraps an arm around me, walking me out of his office.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Your office is nice," I say, taking a bite of food, "it was great to get to see it today."

"Yeah? I'm glad." He smiles to me, but something is different about it. Something new? I shrug it off and continue to eat my lunch.

"How was your meeting?" I ask him.

"It was frustrating, but I think it'll be okay."

"What happened?"

"Just a bid war for an account, that's all." He shrugs it off and continues to eat. I just nod in response, mostly because I don't completely understand the business world.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

For the rest of the day, Luke just let me hang around in his office since he was just doing paperwork. Watching him work in this environment—so focused, and dressed like that is so attractive. I get up from my seat across from him and jaunt over.

"Violet? What are you doing?"

"I want you, daddy." I say to him, sitting on his lap and taking hold of his tie.

"Violet, not right now." He tries to say in an affirmative tone, but rather, his voice cracks under pressure.

"Shh, daddy." I stop him right there by pressing my lips to his.