33

"what do you think it'll be like when they are here?" valerie ask.

"honestly, it'll either be really awkward or super chaotic."

"it'll probably be chaotic knowing them."

"probably."

valerie groans and sits on the edge of her bed, "they are taking forever. i'm growing impatient."

shaking my head, i sit down beside her, "be patient my child, good things take time to come."

"you didn't."

"i did."

"weirdo," she mumbles as she turns on her phone, "i'm going to ask them where they are at."

suddenly, we hear a loud knock from the door making us look at each other. "well... that's probably them," i stand up, "you coming with me to get the door?"

"wow, i thought you would chicken out and tell me to open it," she jokes.

playfully rolling my eyes at her, i grab her wrist and drag her to the door. grabbing ahold of the doorknob, i look at valerie, "are you ready?"

she nods, "as i'll ever be."

turning the doorknob and slowly opening the door, valerie peaks her head out to see if it was them, only to be attacked with a bunch of screams.

"valerie!"

"oh my god, you're short."

"hey!"

"hi, hi."

laughing at how loud they all are, i fully open the door seeing the boys. "hi!" i cheerfully say, "you guys can come in!"

seeing felix, the two of us make eye contact, "hi, kiyia, " he says as he walks up to me.

stopping right in front of me, he smiles, "it feels so good to be able to do this."

"do what?" i ask.

"this," he says as he grabs ahold of my shoulders, bringing me closer to him. tightly wrapping his arms around me, he laughs a little. "i can finally hug you."

hugging him back, i bury my face in his chest, not saying anything. i just want to enjoy this moment with no distractions. being able to hug the person who meant to most to me was everything.

"ew, stop being cute," minho says, "i feel like im watching a drama right now."

ignoring minho, felix squeezes me once more before pulling away, "it was pure hell earlier. seeing you but not being able to do anything."

"gross," minho interupts felix.

felix glares at minho before looking back down at me, smiling again, "as i was saying, i'm glad i actually get to talk to you, face to face."

"me too," i blush a little and cover my cheeks to hide it.

"i ship it!" valerie suddenly yells, making me jump.

turning around, i see that everyone is staring at felix and i. waving my hand at valerie, i tell her to shut up.

"yeah, valerie, shut up," hyunjin smirks.

valerie turns to hyunjin and holds up her fist, "shut it."

"you're violent, wow," he laughs.

"don't test me, i really will fight you."

trying not to laugh, chan stands up from the bed, "no fighting in this hotel room while i'm in here. wait till i'm gone."

hyunjin glares at chan, "oh, so you're just going to give her permission to fight me?"

"yup," chan shrugs, "you two always threaten to fight each other so might as well do it, right?"

"wait, if they fight, i'm recording it," jeongin says while holding up his phone.

ignoring what is happening, felix whispers in your ear, "i promise you that i told them to act normal, but i guess they won't listen."

"it's okay! i'd rather you all have fun than to sit here in silence."

"so are you two just going to stand there, or are you going to sit down with us?" jisung asks us.

"what if we want to stand here?" felix asks.

"no, come join us!" valerie begs.

"okay, okay fine," felix grabs my hand and walks over to them, "where are we supposed to sit though? you all took up both of the beds."

"right here," changbin points to the empty space behind him, "you don't have to sit on the edge with the rest of us."

slowly nodding, felix walks over to the other side of the bed dragging me along with him. letting go of my hand, he basically throws himself down on the bed.

"come sit," he pats the tiny space beside him.

sitting down beside him, he slides his arm around my waist, bringing me close to him once again. "if you stay close to me, you won't fall off the bed. i know how clumsy you are so i'll protect you."

"barf," seungmin yells, "i came out to have a good time, not to be attacked. first, i have to watch hyunjin play tag with valerie and now you two are cuddling. gross."

"you're just jealous," changbin says, "let them have their moment."

"wait!" hyunjin stands up, holding his arms in the air. he looks down at valerie and pokes her on the arm, laughing, "tag you're it."

"oh my god," seungmin whispers as he facepalms.

"hyunjin, i swea-"

"what?" he tilts his head to the side.

valerie stands up and punches him in the arm, "tag, you're it bitch."

"now this is what i want to see," minho laughs.

"ow, you hit hard," hyunjin holds onto his arm, "im fragile."

"liar."

"wait," jeongin yells, "do it again so i can record it."

for the rest of the night the hotel room was full of smiles and some violence between hyunjin and valerie. if someone would have told me that i was going to spend time with stray kids in the future, i would have laughed in their faces. but this, this is reality. finally meeting the people who will be in my life forever. this is only the beginning.