Chapter Two

A/N This is the update that you were supposed to get tonight, I'll be at my great grandma's house, and there's no internet there, so I won't be able to publish anything.

"Whoa! I'm sorry! I tripped, I'm sorry! I didn't hurt you, did I?" Ten year old Artemis said to the blond man that she had just fallen on. "Whoa, you're Oliver Queen!"

The blond man laughed. "I am indeed. And it's fine, I promise. What's your name?"

"Allison," Artemis smiled at him and got back to her feet and then helped him up. Meanwhile, a blonde woman standing nearby just laughed.

"Oh, shut up Dinah," Artemis heard Oliver say to the woman, jokingly, he was laughing, too, as she left.

Artemis smiled and walked off her hand wrapped around her brown leather prize. She walked over to her father who nodded at her. They walked off.

A few minutes later Artemis returned, with a sickening feeling in her stomach. She felt bad and wanted to fix it. He had been so nice to her when she had "tripped" on him. Usually, people cussed her out for being a klutz. But Oliver had been nice to her. He had no need to be- he just was. She hoped that he was still there.

She finally found him. He and the woman were busy looking for something. Artemis suddenly wondered if this was a good idea. Mr. Queen would be furious with her, and so would Daddy. But it was the right thing to do. She had to.

"Hello," She said. Oliver and Dinah looked at her.

"Hey, Allison. You haven't seen my wallet, have you?" Oliver asked her.

"I have, actually," Artemis said, and handed it to him. The couple stared at her in shock and anger. "I'm sorry. Daddy made me, I couldn't say no. He didn't even let me use my real name, which is Artemis, not Allison, when I tripped.

I'm sorry, I thought that it was a good idea at the time, but now I feel terrible about it anyway. I should have never stolen your wallet, Mr. Queen. I'm sorry. I brought it back. I used some, but only a little, I promise. I'm so sorry."

Oliver's and Dinah's eyes softened. "Ok," Ollie said. "Just don't do that, ok? Also, your dad made you? Do you need me to call the police or something?"

"Thanks, but no. I'm fine. I won't steal your wallet or anyone else's anymore, ever. I promise."

"Good. Also what you did today saved my butt. There was a bomb threat at my office. If I had been there, they would've blown up the building. So, you saved the butts of everyone else there, too. What you did was bad, but it had good consequences. You started off the bad guy, but you became the hero."

Artemis snorted. "I don't know about hero."

Dinah smiled. "Of course you were."

Oliver grinned at the young girl. "Not every hero wears a mask or a cape or has superpowers." Artemis beamed and ran off happily. It felt so good to be the good guy for once. She would have to do this more often.

Jade's eyes widened. She grabbed Dinah's arm and quickly whispered something in her ear. Dinah nodded and grabbed Oliver's wallet out of his back pocket.

"Hey!" Oliver cried.

"Oh, suck it up Ollie. We just need to grab something from the store. We'll be right back." Dinah said, and went into the store behind them, dragging Jade along with her. A couple of minutes later, a little blonde girl ran into Ollie, knocking him over.

"Whoa! I'm sorry! I tripped, I'm sorry! I didn't hurt you, did I?" The girl asked frantically. "Whoa, you're Oliver Queen!"

Ollie laughed. "Indeed I am. What's your name?"

"Allison. But I've gotta go."

"Ok," Ollie said and waved bye to the girl who looked oddly familiar.

Artemis walked back to her father. "Sorry, Daddy," She said. "He didn't have anything."

Her dad just rolled his eyes. "We'll come back in a few minutes and try someone else, ok?"

Artemis nodded. Five minutes later, they came back and Oliver was gone. Artemis did the same thing that she'd done to him earlier to a woman. The reaction was extremely different.

"Watch where you're going, you little b****! Good god, why can't people just pay attention. Move, you dam little sh**! Do I look like a chair to you! Scat!" Artemis did as she was told. She ran past her dad in the direction of his helicopter, signaling that she'd actually managed to grab a wallet this time. Crusher met her there.

"Did you get it?" He asked hopping into the chopper and closing the door.

"Yeah. That b**** never saw it coming." She handed the wallet to him.

Crusher chuckled and looked through the wallet. "Decent work, Baby Girl."

Artemis beamed. From her father, this was extremely high praise. "Thanks, Daddy!" Crusher only shrugged at the girl. Artemis didn't care. She'd pleased him. She almost never did that. It was something that she certainly wanted to do many times again.