PART 1 A - Dream Vs Family

Authour note before you start reading this story:

Some of the short forms, Abbreviations that you would come across in this story. Please store it in your memory 😉:

MAANEET: Maan & Geet KM: Khurana Manscion KC: Khurana Constructions HP: Hoshiyarpur (Its name of a town in Punjab India) FH: Farm House

Also at times, I am trying to elaborate about simplest of Information ...this is mainly for Non-Indian readers who are unknown to Indian places, culture and language.

All posts in Italics represents self talks

**********************************************************

At a prominent flower shop in Shimla * ...

A 20 year old girl is just lost in her own world and has been sitting idle for quite some time at one of the busiest flower shop in Shimla*. . She's GEET HANDA...a naturally beautiful cute, innocent and bubbly girl who loves to live her life to the fullest in way she wants especially doing things that money can never buy or give. Its Sunday and she is just back from Delhi during early morning hours. It was a short trip just for a week to spend with her parents who are settled down in Delhi and she has been dropped back by her family driver all the way from Delhi to Shimla. She too has her own dreams of Mr. Right. Unlike other girls of her age who dreams of a Rich prince charm, she dreams of an ordinary guy. As per her, the guys from Richie rich family are Casanovas and they would marry a girl only to keep her as a show piece. Whereas a guy belonging to a middle class may not be rich money wise but will possess true feelings and commitment for the girl they love and ensure they marry her and get committed to her for their entire live. And she has been dreaming to have such a guy to come into her life. But with her recent trip to Delhi, she fears that her dreams shall never come true.

(*Shimla is a capital city of state of Himachal Pradesh, India. Its a famous hill station and attracts lot of tourists)

Geet's family originally hails from Hoshiyarpur (Punjab) . She has great respect for her family. Especially for her parents and her Daarji (Her Paternal Grand father). Geet's parents, Mohinder Handa and Rano Handa are settled down in Delhi and rest all relatives still live in Hoshiyarpur. Mohinder has a flourishing business and has made a name for himself in the building materials industry. Even Rano contributes in his business to a great extent. He has been quite successful and has not only earned a decent money but a Strong Goodwill and reputation. Geet was put into boarding school in Shimla at a very young age in order to initiate self dependency and strict discipline in her life whilst maintaining a strong relationship with her parents and rest of her family. After completing her 12th, Mohinder and Rano wanted her to move back to Delhi for continuing with her higher education but she preferred to stay back in Shimla as she loves this place and its far away from the hush bush of the City life in Delhi. her parents mainly agreed for it as she is staying at Pinky's home who is not only her class mate but her dad Mr. Deepak Manchanda is also one of close family friend of Mohinder. Geet and Pinky belong to same age group and studying Business Management at St. Martha's college. Geet loves Pinky's family as for their simple life style and the huge flower and gift shop which they own where Geet also volunteers to work on part-time basis in good understanding with Pinky and Manchanda uncle and ofcourse Mohinder and Rano doesn't know about it as they wouldn't allow their daughter to work like this. That's why Deepak Manchanda ensures that either he or Pinky is always around when Geet works in his shop as he respects both Geet's as well as Mohinder's point of view.

Back to Flowershop...

Its a busy Sunday morning...this flower shop is going to be too busy till next Sunday as that day is going to be Valentines day and huge sales and advance bookings of flowers and gifts are expected during this week. Geet slowly started to divert her mind in arranging flowers and gifts, meeting customers and taking orders and so on...This last two years she has gained enough knowledge not only about flowers, plants and maintenance of the shop floor but also maintaining cash, accounts and stock. On Sundays, Geet and Pinky almost work for full time at the flower shop until and unless they do not have any other personal commitments.. Geet is not herself since the time she is come back from Delhi... Just then, Pinky walks in