Chapter 18 (Final)

Start from the beginning

"You're letting Mike take the throne. Aren't you afraid of what he's capable of?" Vic shot back.

"Of course not. Mike is an imbecile! I know he will do as I say!" Lucifer added to the screaming match. I glanced at Mike to see he looked somewhat offended by the comment.

"Mike, you don't have to do this, you know?" I spoke to the greedy demon. Mike looked saddened.

"Yes I do." He spoke quietly. Ah yes, although they are demons they still have many qualities of humans. Mike here is a common example of a son being controlled by his father. He's trying to impress him, win his approval.

"No you don't. He isn't w-"

"Shut up boy!" Lucifer screamed, interrupting me. He then started speaking a different language. Latin? I definitely recognized that as Latin. He was staring at me intently and muttering these words over and over.

"What is he doing?" Vic asked Mike. "What are you doing?!" He shouted at his father this time. Whatever it was it was making me feel weak. I looked to Vic in panic.

"He's turning him human again." Mike whispered, but both Vic and I caught his words. I felt like I was under some sort of spell or trance. I couldn't move.

"No!" Vic shouted. He ran at his father and tackled him onto the floor. Vic's hands were around his throat although I didn't know what good that could do. Demons can't die down here. Vic proved that to me when he ripped Mike's head off once. Lucifer's words ceased and the weakness I had felt stopped too. I watched as Lucifer tried to break free, but Vic was too strong. I could feel him channelling my energy.

"M-Mi-ke." Lucifer choked out. Mike snapped out of his daze and went to his father's aid at once. He grabbed Vic's shoulders and tried pulling him back. It was working too. Vic couldn't take both of them on by himself.

"How about some payback, huh big brother?" Mike said and put his hands on both sides of Vic's head. I knew what he was going to do, well what he planned to do. I wouldn't let him hurt Vic like that though. I sprang into action and ran across the room to where they were. I latched onto Mike's arms and the next thing I know we weren't in that room anymore. We weren't in a room at all. It was like we were all in some kind of fiery wasteland, but not like the ones I saw outside of Vic's windows. No, this one was a lot more desolate.

I quickly forgot about the surroundings though when I remembered what I was doing. I easily yanked Mike's arms away from Vic's head and threw him away from us. Vic stood up, still with his hands around his father's throat. He picked Lucifer up seemingly easily and started walking. That's when I noticed the cage. I had no clue what was happening now so I just watched. I watched as Vic threw Lucifer into the cage and slammed the bar door shut before he could escape. I watched as Vic said something in a different language and a white light appeared around the cage for a moment before going away. What did he just do?

"Let me out of here!" Lucifer shouted.

"No chance! Your reign has gone on long enough!" Vic shouted back. He turned around quickly and his gaze fell on Mike. I too turned and looked at him. He put his hands up quickly in a defensive stance. He knew he had no chance now with Lucifer locked up. He quickly disappeared, leaving me to turn back to Vic. He sighed in relief and that angry, toughened look he had was gone as he smiled.

"Now what?" I asked over the sounds of Lucifer screaming.

"Now we make things right." He said.

"How?"

He closed his eyes while I stood there patiently and watching him with curiosity. Then in the back of my mind I heard his voice say "family meeting", and then he was teleporting us away from that place and into the grand hall I had been to twice for dinner. The large table was no longer there, it was just an empty room, empty except for the other six sinful demons, including a very timid-looking Mike, plus Satan, Lilith and their demon mates. Oh and of course Vic's mother who was looking at her son with a small smile. Something told me she knew what happened already. Why she was happy about it, I don't know. Maybe it was sufferable for her to live for all eternity to a massive douche like Lucifer.