THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 2

DISCLAIMER: Transformers and all related characters belong to their respective owners. Mark Savoy and Alexis Tanner belong to me of course. And a new addition here: Mira Savage belongs to Mrs. Andromeda Prime of fanfiction.net, who I thank for allowing me to borrow! :D Go check out her awesome story "The Uprising of Extinction" if you get a chance, it's awesome! :D

...

CHAPTER 56
The Battle of Dallas: Part 2

Mark was on his feet when the chaos started, his head shooting up as it happened. He quickly felt Coulton grab his arm, and drag him back. He felt the cold metal of the gun he'd dropped pushed to his temple as the pretender stared around. "You heard Lord Galvatron," Cyclonus hissed as he looked at him. "Give the boy back to me, I can get him out of here faster."

Coulton stared at Mark, and then began to drag him forward. The boy's eyes frantically searched the sky for Strafe, for rescue. But so far, he saw nothing, and that terrified him more than anything. He watched as he was dragged towards Cyclonus, preparing for this all to begin again. But a terrifyingly familiar roar cut them all off. "What on Cybertron IS THAT?" Cyclonus's optics stared up in horror.

Coulton's eyes shot back towards the back of the building just in time to dodge the incoming blaze of fire, dragging Mark back with him. Mark's eyes looked up as he saw Grimlock, his fangs bared, snarling at Coulton. "GRIMLOCK!" Mark screamed. "You came for me, you guys really came for me."

"Let him Mark go!" Grimlock snarled as Coulton yet again placed the gun against the temple of Mark's head. "Me Grimlock kill you!"

"You can't do anything without taking him with me," Coulton stated, cocking the pistol. "If you leave peacefully, we promise to keep him alive," As Mark tried to jab at him, Coulton smacked him against with his gun. "Stop squirming you little fragging-!"

Before Coulton could say anything more he was backhanded as Strafe at last landed. Coulton slid violently across the rooftop, Mark falling from his grip in the process. The Dinobot quickly scooped Mark into his hand, holding him close to his chest as he began to hover in the air. "You Coulton, saying?" Grimlock asked, smoke coming from his nose now. "You Strafe, get him Mark to Autobots!"

Cyclonus turned to strike at Strafe, but was immediately hit by a line of flame. He shrieked slightly, backing up towards Coulton as Strafe began to fly away. "You idiot! Don't let him make off with the boy!" He shouted as Mark looked at him smugly and waved. "Frag it all! If Lord Galvatron knows we lost him!" He felt himself picked up by the singed Decepticon with a huff. "What are you doing!?"

"Retreating! Unless you want to lose the human and be barbecued!"

Grimlock let out a roar of primal fury as Cyclonus leapt off of the building, flying quickly. A thick line of fire following him with every step, and a very angry Grimlock chasing after them. Meanwhile Mark groaned, relief in his eyes as Strafe landed on the ground, lowering him just as a familiar figure approached. "Dad!" Mark shouted, tears streaming down his face.

"Mark!"

As Hound transformed, he scooped Mark up into the biggest hug he could give. For a moment, the old war mech felt his body quiver as he took in the fact that Mark was there, he was safe, they had him. "It's alright son," Hound whispered as Mark let all of his stress out in tears. "I gotcha now, yer safe and sound. And they're never touching you again," He stared up at Strafe. "Thank you, I owe you."

And for the first time, Mark was surprised to hear a Dinobot other than Grimlock speak. "It me Strafe's pleasure," Strafe saluted slightly, looking at Mark. "Him Mark, kind to us Dinobots. Him Mark, OK in me Strafe's book."