CHANCES AND GIRLS

CHAPTER 32

Chances and Girls

"HOUND!"

Hound nearly jumped out of his armor at the sound of his name, distracted temporarily from his work in the main hangar. His optics turned to see Mark, rushing up to him, and nearly tripping. The mech had been expecting him, considering he was supposed to be coming from Kenny's house around this time. Yet he hadn't expected him to be as excited and breathless as he was. "I take it this isn't because you missed me in the last couple of hours." Hound jested, his optics raised in curiosity "What's got you so excited, youngin'?" He asked.

"Kenny's dad... Saw one of my comics." Mark managed to get out, though the Transformer didn't understand what made this exciting "Hound, his dad owns this local newsletter... He loved it and he says he's going to publish it in the next issue if we copy it and give it to him." That got Hound's optics widening "I know, right? He has this "local artists" section I guess and..."

Hound chuckled and waved his hand slightly to calm Mark down. "Mark, Mark, slow down..." He told him gently "That's all very exciting. Did he give ye any more information? They are going to give you credit right?" Mark nodded his head vigorously at that "Alright, I want to talk to the man before we publish so I get all the details. But if it all checks out, y'know fragging well yer jumping on that offer."

From his position at a desk near Hound, Prowl smirked. "Getting published will look good on your college applications. As well as help you when you attempt to make a career out of it." Prowl looked at the young boy curiously, and rested his hands on his knees "I didn't even know you drew, youngling. Too bad Sideswipe's brother, Sunstreaker is not here, he knows all about these things." He added, then shuddered "Primus, that sentence left a weird taste in my mouth."

"I take it you're not a fan of Sunstreaker?" Mark asked teasingly.

"He's not that bad." Hound offered.

"I don't like anyone who's an outright hooligan. Sideswipe's bad, but I am okay with him since he at least isn't one." Prowl explained, standing to his feet as his doorwings trilled with annoyance "His brother on the other hand, is the definition of a "hooligan". Has been since we found them when they were twelve vorns." He added with a grunt.

Mark put his hands in his pockets, and shrugged. He figured that Prowl was exaggerating, but he dared not bring that up to the second-in-command. Rather, it was Hound who chuckled, and began to talk. "Be thankful that Red Alert isn't on Earth to hear you say that." Hound explained "He's the one that brought them up. It's no wonder they became rebellious with a worry-wart like that raising 'em."

"Red Alert?"

"Pray ye never meet him." Hound laughed "He's a paranoid guy, nice, but overbearing. He'd drive ye up a wall."

Mark had a feeling that his guardian was right, given he still was driven nuts by Prowl sometimes. If Red Alert was any worse than Prowl, he would not have much fun with him at all. "Most of us get annoyed by him." Prowl then stepped forward more "Mark, I'm rather curious to see your art, might I have a look?"

Mark was surprised, Prowl was taking more of an interest in stuff he did? After a moment, he nodded, taking the notebook under his arm, and holding it out to Prowl as his holoform, a tall, tan, and hardened police officer appeared and took hold. "I'm uh, not that great... I mean, I've only shown a few people, and..." Mark watched Prowl as he observed it closely "Yeah. I have a lot of work to do."

Prowl nodded, flipping through pages another several minutes before handing it over. "Some work, you may still need to do. But I can see why your friends father asked you, you're talented." He explained as his holoform disappeared "Given the level of talent, I definitely recommend Hound sees the company first though. As you humans say it could be worth something someday."