Glitch

Clara woke up at three AM to a loud banging on the door. She woke the Doctor up and they shuffled downstairs to see who was at the door. It was the police.

Clara opened the door with uncertainty, and the officer smiled at her as she opened it.

"Sorry to bother you ma'am, but a child has gone missing in the area and we need to know if you've seen him recently? Seven years old, sandy brown hair, blue eyes," the officer said when she opened the door.

"No, sorry. Is there anything else I can do for you?" she asked. She wanted to get back to bed. Just because a child went missing in the area didn't mean he had to come pounding on her door.

"We've also had some reports of loud yelling and occasionally the breaking of dishes and such? Would you know anything about that?" he said, still smiling a little bit. It put the both of them on edge.

Clara looked back at the Doctor who looked at her with the same expression: dread. They were the yellers who had broken dishes. Clara had completely forgotten that they had other neighbors besides Judy and Hank.

"Um, yeah...we got into a bit of a fight. All good, though," Clara said, smiling. She was trying really hard to get rid of the officer.

The officer loed at her uncertain, and then looked at the Doctor, "You two have a goodnight," was all he said before walking away.

"So know people call the police on us. Great," the Doctor said.

"I'm going back to bed," Clara mumbled. She had a long day of doing nothing ahead of her.

"I'll join you."

+++++++

Clara woke up and forgot where she was for a moment. She wasn't in the TARDIS, and not in her flat. The Doctor was no longer beside her, and she slowly got up and trudged into the kitchen. She found a note left by the Doctor saying he was out picking up eggs, and so she decided to get dressed and shower. When she came back downstairs, drying her hair, she saw Judy glitch.

Clara blinked thinking she was just tired, but then she saw. Judy glitch again. She looked human one second and then sort of like a squid-like creature, and then back to human. Each glitch was only about a second long; too fast for Clara to take a picture. She sat watching for a while until the phone rang and took her out of her trance.

"Hello?" she said when she picked the phone up off of the receiver.

"Hey Clara, it's Judy. Listen, I'm not going to be able to come over today."

"Oh, why not?" Clara said smirking to herself. She knew exactly why.

"Just a little under the weather, that's all. See you soon, though?" Judy said. It took a lot of. Clara's might not to laugh out loud.

"Oh okay. Well I hope you get better," Clara said, hanging up the phone. She went back into the kitchen and this time the Doctor was there. She hadn't even heard him come in.

"Guess what?" she said when she saw him.

"What?"

"Judy's glitching back and forth between her human disguise and her regular self. I saw it this morning before she shut her blinds and then she called to say she was sick and wouldn't be coming over today," Clara said, excited. This was the first thing with Judy they had seen so far that actually proved something was up.

He crooked an eyebrow, smiling a smile that they both knew investigation and meddling. Clara grabbed some biscuits off of the counter to bring to Judy and followed the Doctor out the door. The eggs were left on the counter, forgotten by all.

+++++

That's it. Sorry, it's a bit short...but I've got to sleep now! It's a school night! You all already know what I'm going to say, so please do, and I will see you next time :)