Pajamas

Clara folded the note up and put it in her pocket before the Doctor could see it. He came into the room, still only in his boxers, and he was asking her something. What did he say?

"Sorry, what?" she asked him.

"I was asking if you had seen my pajamas? I don't know where they end up in between the times when I wear them," he said, chuckling a little bit. He saw the expression on Clara's face and his smile immediately faltered. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she lied. She knew it was a horrible lie, but still.

"Don't lie to me," he said, his voice getting a little deeper and throaty.

"I can't tell you."

"Dammit, Clara. I thought-" but he was interrupted.

"Thought what? That if your mystery woman left behind a note that I wouldn't be upset?"

"She left a note?" he asked, which only made Clara more angry.

"Yes. She left a god damn note and I don't know how she happened to leave it on my bed because I saw no windows or doors broken or unlocked. So she must have a key, right? And I certainly didn't give her that key, so it must have been you. And why my bed? You took her to your room...to hell with this. Doctor, I'm sorry, but this whole 'domesticated living' thing was a terrible idea. Why can't you ever just leave anything alone?" she said at him, mysteriously quiet for someone so angry.

He didn't defend himself and walked out of the room, only to hear the door slamming shut behind him. Then he heard Clara sob. It broke him completely and he began to cry, too.

"What am I such an idiot?" he said to nobody but himself, not expecting to get one.

"Because you're a clueless time traveller, and you travel with me," he heard Clara say through the door. He forgot he was right outside of her room.

"So what if I travel with you?" he asked her.

"I'm such an idiot. I let myself fall for all of the wrong guys."

"I have a rule where I cannot travel with anyone that I'm attracted to. But you...you were different. And I've no idea how you've done it, but you made me fall for you," he said through the door. "I love you, Clara. And I know you're mad, and you have every right to be. But I promise you, I did not give her a key. You have to believe me."

"If you didn't, then who did?"

"That is an excellent question."

The door opened and Clara saw the Doctor sitting up against he wall with fresh tear marks on his face. He looked up at her and rubbed his eyes, trying to get the redness out of them. Clara carefully made her way over next to him and sat down.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"For what?"

"Being so difficult. I know we said we'd forget her, but...it's harder than I thought. And I don't know why I would think you would give her a key. Because even if you would do that to me, you're not stupid enough to actually give someone the key."

"Never be sorry. Apologizing is my thing," he said, playing with her fingers.

"Okay."

"Are you tired?"

"Yeah," was all she said.

"Then you should go to bed," he answered.

"Only if you come with me."

"Okay."

They both got up and made their way into Clara's bed. Clara let the Doctor curl himself around her as he hugged her waist. The Doctor never did find his pajamas.

++++++++

Well...we've made it through another chapter. I'm sorry about how long it takes to update this and that the updates are not very long. Like at all. I appreciate all of your guys' comments and feedback! All positive, so yay :) Not sure when the next update will be, but since the lovely couple are okay now, there'll be some more neighbor action. (Yes, they still exist!) Please vote, comment, and follow. Love you guys!