I stayed silent trying to think of what to say next.

"Imma continue to have yo' back even though you acting like sumn' wrong wit' you. But ight. I'm finna go." He stood up and walked over to my side of the bed to give me a kiss before leaving.

"Where you goin'?"

"Ohh, now you wanna talk to me? Nah, don't worry bout where I'm finna go. "

I kissed my teeth, "My question required a simple answer."

He ignored me and got a few things together. "Yeah, and so did mine. I'mma go out and wait 'til you drop the fucking attitude, Sai. See you tonight." He slammed the door behind him.

I got out of my car and smoothed out my shorts. The wedding planner was in the venue waiting on me for my final approvals. Being the maid of honor made me feel like that bitch, period.

I decided to use my time running around today to forget about my problems. My best friend was getting married tomorrow, and everything must be immaculate.

Inside, the venue was almost ready for the big day. The Biltmore Ballrooms were absolutely stunning, and thanks to Shawn's family we were able to secure it for the wedding.

"Mrs. Rezno," I shook the woman's hand and sat at the table with her. She had an earpiece in her ear and was talking on it, as usual. She put down the stacks of papers in her hands and ran to some double doors leading out of the room.

Looking around I could feel myself getting emotional waiting for tomorrow to come. It was going to be boujee as fuck, beautiful, filled with love. I'm so ready.

Rezno came back with a chef, who held a tray with tomorrow's food options. "Sorry Sai, you know I'm doing last minute touches so this'll have to be quick."

I nodded, and the chef placed several items in front of me. "We're starting with the kale salad right? So I didn't think you would need to taste it," I mentally rolled my eyes. While I was here to make sure everything was right, I was hungry as hell too.

"For dinner, we have three plate options..." She started looking through her stacks of paper for a headcount. "The southern buffet, the steak plate, and the chicken plate." She nodded. You would think this woman as on crack how fast she was moving.

I tasted some of the greens and mash on the chicken and stake plates, but I went straight to that southern plate. Mac and cheese, biscuits, fried chicken and more. "Imma take all this to go. Wouldn't wanna waste no food or nothing."

Next, I had the cheesecake and the vanilla cake, both were amazing, I could feel my gut poking out after eating all of that.

"Alright, that's about it for the tasting. Everything look good, maid of honor?" I checked out the seating chart to make sure there were no conflicts. The wedding surprises were well hidden and I made sure Rezno wouldn't spoil the surprise. Other than that, I was ready to head over to Ada's place.

I parked in front of my old apartment, the one me and Ada used to share. I walked up the sidewalk and knocked on the door. The sun was starting to set and I needed to make this stop as fast as possible. I would still need to drive another half hour back to Keon's to get ready for the rehearsal dinner.

She was taking her sweet time coming to get this door.

I banged harder this time, but there was still no answer. Sighing, I searched around for my keychain, hoping I still had the keys to the place.

I unlocked the door and everything was still and quiet, except for the washing machine going. Looking around it was the same as I had left it before I moved out. The only exceptions were the pictures of Ada and Kaiden on the walls. They were so cute together.

"A! I told you about putting too much stuff in this machine." I put my bag down and walked to the small laundry room in the apartment. I checked my phone while opening the door to see what the problem was.

"Shit!" My head snapped up and I was immediately upset with myself for even doing so. Ada was bent over the washing machine getting piped from the back. The sound of their skin clapping rang throughout the air. The couple scrambled to cover up.

"Your ass don't knock?" Ada wrapped some bed sheets around her body. I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Girl shut the hell up, cause I knocked and even called you on my way here. Come to find out you horny niggas in here getting it in," I walked back out of the room wondering why they would choose to do it there in the first place.

"Put some shit on and come out," I yelled behind me. I made my way to the kitchen to see if there was something else I could eat.

As I would expect my sister and her boyfriend in here living like slobs. Though there was nothing in the fridge or the pantry, takeout boxes and fast food sat everywhere but the trash can.

Ada came out in a silk robe and sat on the couch. "Hurry up, cause I ain't even get my nut in," she crossed her arms and looked at me seriously. I couldn't help but laugh.

"You finished the video for Neisha and Shawn?" She looked around and nodded. "Your ass lying bro. Be serious, did you finish it?" She shook her head no.

"But look, I just gotta add a couple more videos and I'm done forreal. Don't worry about me hoe just get out."

"Oop. Okay I'm leaving then, we gon finish this tonight. And Kaiden you gon act like you ain't see me?" Kai peaked his head out from around the corner and blew me a kiss.