𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

SONG// DOO WOP; LAURYN HILL

"WHO'S THIS BLANCA NIÑA?"

chapter 3

Claire sighed happily as the bell rang, notifying everyone that it was time to go home

Claire sighed happily as the bell rang, notifying everyone that it was time to go home. She gathered up her papers and stuffed them in her panda themed backpack and walked out of the classroom along with everyone else. As she walked, she felt her phone vibrate in the back of her pocket, seeing the message was from Monse.

During lunch, everyone gave their numbers to Claire so they could reach to her when they go somewhere and might want to invite her. Claire thought it was nice of them to do so and allowed everyone to pass her phone to insert their number.

Monse <3:
                Hey we're in front the school
                Come meet up with us ! 

Claire smiled and clicked her phone off, putting it back in her pocket and venturing to the destination her new friend wanted her at.
Once she made it to the crew, they all smiled and welcomed her again.

"Hey mini me." Ruby greeted teasingly and hugged her small body close to his. Claire smiled an greeting back and stood with her friends as she waited for her aunt to pick her up. She texted Rachel the time school ended before it was time to leave.

A few minutes of chattering between the friends continued, only before a red Impala pulled up in front of them and made them all become quiet. Claire looked at them confused, only to see an apologetic look on Cesar's face as he climbed into the passenger seat of the car.
In the driver's seat, Claire saw a man with sunglasses rested on his face, along with a shaved head, looking in her direction. Possibly directly at her.

The mysterious man rolled down the window on the passenger side and gave the crew a small smirk. Claire could see Ruby and Jamal gulp in fear in the corner of her eye. Is this Spooky? The 'Spooky' Mandy warned me about ?

"How's your brother lil man?" The man, evidentially who and is the infamous Oscar Diaz asked Ruby, who was holding onto Claire's arm in complete fear. Claire could tell Ruby was indeed terrified of this mystery man. Claire didn't know anything about anyone history, but she certainly did know that everyone isn't as scary as you think they are, if you get to know their backstory and their history more.

Ruby nodded subtly, but didn't answer, focusing on playing with Claire's blonde hair. That caught Oscar's attention.

"Who's this blanca niña?" Oscar asked his brother, whilst looking Claire up and down, licking his lips. Damn what girl like her would be doing in a place like this?

Claire blushed, feeling insecure as she felt Oscar's gaze on her the whole time. The supposedly feared leader of south central staring at her.

Cesar sighed sadly, not wanting innocent Claire to get involved with Oscar or any gang related things. She was too naive and too young to know all of the stuff that goes on at night.

"That's Claire, she's new here and she's really pure. Really delicate and really innocent. I'd hate for her to know the real side of Freeridge." Cesar muttered quietly looking down at his lap, guilty that he ratted her out. I'm sorry Claire Bear.

Claire looked up only to see the sunglasses of Oscar Diaz's face taken off and to be revealed of beautiful, dark, hazel eyes looking at her.

Their eyes both met each other's and stared curiously, studying each other's features. She studied the tear that was near his right eye and studied the cross that laid proudly on his chest. She studied the clothes he was wearing, a white wife beater, a flannel over it and black pants.

He's beautiful.

Oscar observed her hair, and how learned how beautiful blonde hair was. He observed how adorable she looked in that oversized blue sweater and how it overlapped her hands.

So pure.

Claire would've thought that Oscar would've been some old Hispanic guy who believed in protecting the neighborhood, instead she was faced with Cesar's older brother, who looks merely four years older than herself.

Claire shyly flickered her eyes away from the mysterious eyes of Oscar and looked down at her blue, worn out vans. She wanted to know more about the man who was supposedly 'scary' and 'heartless'. His aura he carried around made Claire wonder more about him, along with his "criminal background".

"I'll see you children around." Oscar said to them all who still stared at the red Impala in front of their eyes

"Y-yeah definitely Mr. Spooky. Bye Cesar, bye Monse, bye Ruby, bye Claire."Jamal quickly waved and ran off to his bike nearby. Oscar gave one last look to his brother's friends and a long, curious glance to Claire before turning on his car and driving away.

Monse and Ruby left out a sigh of relief, watching the car go. Claire couldn't blame them, she felt a wave of relief come over her since Oscar's dark eyes left her alone. She felt uncomfortable, because it was a leader of a gang just staring at her. Staring deep through her soul.

Moments later, her aunt's red Celica pulled up with her aunt ushering her niece with her hand. Claire gave a soft smile to her new friends, blessed to have friends she just made hours ago.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow." Claire said softly and hopped in Rachel's car with a wide grin on her face. Rachel wasn't surprised to see that familiar, happy smile. She knew her niece was capable of making friends easily with her positive, happy aura. Claire was just a happy ball of sunshine with a label of 'Do Not Break' on her forehead. She was fragile and kind. Sensitive, but forgiving. That's why everyone loved her.

So sorry if this chapter was too short. I was impatient and wanted to get this chapter out quickly as possible. There was so much stuff I wanted to add in this chapter but I guess I'll just do it the next chapter!
But at least Oscar and Claire know each other exists now lol