sixteen

We went back to our classroom. I was startled with Yeonjun who was standing at the corridor.

"Where did you go?" Yeonjun asked. "Or should I say, where did you two go?"

"We didn't meet with each other." I said.

"Yeah, we didn't!" Beomgyu agreed.

"I didn't say that though." He raised his brow.

"I went to the field." I lied.

"Field? So, you watched the volleyball game? That's not like you."

"Umm, I just passed by and sat there for a moment." I added.

"How about you?" Yeonjun asked Beomgyu.

"I... went to the bathroom." He said. I noticed that he was blinking too much. Is he nervous or what?

"That long?"

"Well, my stomach ached." He reasoned.

I just facepalmed. Yeonjun has too many questions.

Our teacher already arrived and we went back to our seat.

"Bring out your book and turn your page to page 26."

The lesson was about history and it's boring for me. Plus, our teacher speaks way too soft. I could already witness my classmates being knocked down one by one.

It suprised me when Beomgyu stretched his hand to give me a note. Fortunately, no one saw it.

"Did you miss the bread I gave you back then? Don't worry! The bread misses you, too! Would you like to visit him and his family with me later? ><"

I smiled without me realizing it.

Did he become cute as he grew up or was he originally cute since birth?

I replied with a note, too.

"Okay. 👌 Let's just meet outside the school."

Just then, it's already dismissal and I let Beomgyu leave first.

"Let's go home." Yeonjun said.

"I don't think I can go with you today." I said, standing up so fast.

"All of a sudden? Are you sick?" He asked, putting his hand on my forehead.

"No! It's... a girl thing." I swear I lied to Yeonjun for how many times today. I feel sorry for him.

"Go to clinic and ask for medication." He suggested. "Bye, then! Call me if something happens."

I just nodded. Phew, lying is really difficult.

---

a/n: thank u so much for reading my story!! i was surprised when i saw that this reached 2k reads already!! i love y'all!!