Chapter 2

(Pic of Cassandra aka Cassie)

Amina (pov)

It was 2 in the morning and I was awaken by my father in a loud mind link. "GET UP NOW,  WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!!" Cassie woke up beside me, we both look at each other with confused, terrified face, scramble on our feet, ran all away downstairs to the front of ther packhouse.

It was chaos. Pack members were running screaming, some with children in their hands. There were dead bodies of my pack and theirs.. I was beyond shocked, who would do this to us?  Our pack was peaceful, we never made enemies or try and start a war. I stood there, I couldn't process what the actual fuck was going on. The smell of blood was overwhelming. The screams, I could no longer hear, I was lost, my only... why?

My mother mind link "Amina where are you sweetie" her voice was panicked. "Momma what is going on" I mind link her back. "Hunnie now isn't the time for question where are you", I fell to my knees and started running my fingers through my hair,  i didn't realize it, but tears were spilling on the ground, I was crying. Amina now isn't the time to sulk and be weak, our people needs us, my wolf Ashlynn said. Tell me what to do lynn. I said. Let me take control Ashylnn said. So I shift into my wolf and let her take control, Lynn started fighting. Heck i don't care if I die,  I'll die with honor defending the people i love and care about. I turned to see Cassie in her wolf form, ready to attack.

We got to near the border, where the attack was mostly happening at. I mind link my father "Daddy where are you" no response. Please moon goddess don't let anything happen to my family. Then I spotted my father and mother fighting along with the Beta and his wife. I joined the fight along with Cassie, we were out numbered. Way out numbered. My father mind link "AMINA GET OUTTA HERE NOW,  RUN", "NO! ..I'M NOT LEAVING YOU GUYS, I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY DADDY", he turn to me in his wolf form and shook his head.

Just after that happen,  Cassie mother was bitten in the throat, with her neck in the other wolf mouth she mind link everyone.. "I Love you Cassandra Emma Jones, and  Kieran Atlas Jones, I love you so much Joseph, don't forget that, I love you all" and her eyes went black.. the wolf rip a chunk of her throat out, he then threw her life less body to the side like it meant nothing. The next thing you heard broke my heart. It was Beta Joseph howl in pain, for the loss of his mate, the loss of the love of his life.  you can hear multiple howls laced in pain right after his. It was our pack howls, the pain of losing someone so close to us, someone that was like family.

The howl stop,  I turn to cassie in my wolf form and rub my head to her neck to try and comfort her. Mother shift back into her human form and ran up to us.. "Amina sweetie listen to me,  you and Cassandra need to go-" she was cut off by someone "Tsk, Tsk, tsk, now now mrs. Conaway, if your pack comply with our new contract, this alliance would still be strong, this would've never happen", I turn to see someone I never thought i would see..

Derrick.

Derrick is one of the few packs we have an alliance with. His father was good friends with my father,  they made an alliance to keep each other's pack safe, if either of the pack needed reinforcement,  we would jump in to help.. they were are trusted allied. About 2 years ago Derrick mother died from a rogue attack. His father became lost (kinda like lost soul, he isn't dead) , once your mate is gone, it's hard to stay sane, but it isn't impossible.

Making Derrick alpha at the age of 22. It was always Derrick,  Kieran, Cassie and I growing up. Everytime Derrick came over with his father we would run around, play video games, and see whos better at what game. Derrick was like an older brother I never had,  he was someone I trusted, someone I was comfortable with, we thought we would've been mates at one point. Once he turn 16, he realizes we weren't mates. Which was good for me,  like I said he's like an older brother to me.

"DERRICK PLEASE, LET THE GIRLS GO" my mother pleaded.. I'm so confused, why is Derrick killing my pack,  my pack was like his pack,  we were neighbors. We were practically like family. "You wanna know why Amina ..i'm attacking your pack" ask Derrick. I shook my head up and down in my wolf form. "It was time to make a new contract, if we were still be an alliance then your Alpha would need to give you up to me, as my mate. You have alpha blood, and I have alpha blood, our pups will grow up to be strong werewolves, so you see my dear, none of this would've happen if your father was to put his pack and alpha duty first,  before being a father, this is all your fault", I stood there my world stopped.

I was brought back by my mother piercing screams, "AMINA RUN" I look and saw one of Derrick pack lunge for my mother. Grabbing her by her throat, and before she could say anything snaps it. It was easier, because momma was in human form. I hear my dad howl in pain, his wolf went crazy killing anyone coming near him. I was frozen. My mother.. the woman that gave birth to me, the woman that love me so unconditionally,  the woman that taught me wrong from right, the woman that wouldn't hurt a fly. The woman that always had a smile on, the woman that always put her mate, daughter, and pack first, before herself. The woman I truly love with all my heart.. she's gone. Gone in a blink of an eye, and I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. I was lost in my own little world. The screaming stopped, the vile smell of metallic blood.  Gone. Everything was gone. I couldn't wrapped my mind around what is happening. 

I was brought me back to reality by my father,  he was in human form, he probably shift when I was having my breakdown. "AMINA, CASSANDRA, LEAVE. RUN UNTIL YOU CAN'T RUN NO MORE. I LOVE YOU AMINA AND YOUR MOTHER LOVES YOU. WE ARE PROUD OF THE WOMAN YOU'VE BECOME" he said in his alpha voice, before shifting back to his wolf form. "NO DADDY, YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME, PLEASE YOUR ALL I HAVE LEFT. DADDY PLEASE" but my legs were moving on there own.

A couple of Derrick wolves lunge at us, but my father and Beta Joseph killed  them before they got to us. We were running towards the border.  Before we crossed it, I heard Derrick scream "AMINA WHEREVER YOU GO. I'LL FIND YOU,  AND I'LL KILL EVERYONE THAT IS HELPING YOU, MARK MY WORDS" I turn one last time to look at my home, the place i grew up in for 18 years, my pack. Its gone, houses were being burned,  dead wolves, and children that didn't have a chance to even experience their wolf.

It was my fault.. Derrick words were embedded in my head.. "Its your fault"...

It's my fault.