Movies, Tacos, and Forts

I stared at my fingers in shock as more water dripped onto the floor. That was when Blue slammed open the shed with a loud, "Found ya'!" I let out a small scream and yelled, "Fluatur aqua!" and shot water directly into his face. Blue stared at me and spluttered in shock, "What was that?!" he exclaimed, wiping his face from the water. I stared at him for a few moments, "I... I was reading the book," I slowly moved my hand to point at the book. Blue closed the shed door behind him and weaved around me to look at the book. Blue put his finger on the book and dragged it across the page as he read. He turned the pages and skimmed through a few before he turned the book to look at the cover, and then looked at what I assumed was the table of contents. He stood there for a few moments before he dragged a hand over his face, he gave a heavy sigh. It sounded semi-relieved? "Blue?" I asked quietly, was he mad at me? His attention snapped to me and he picked me up, balancing me on his hip. "I'm not mad Chris, but there are some books that you can not read. These books are... they're not good books." He explained. I glanced at the book, nothing seemed bad about it. It kind of made me feel like Percy Jackson... Blue closed the book and stepped out of the shed, still carrying me on his hip. He put me down so he could lock the shed back up, "Chris?" He called, turning to face me after it'd been locked. I looked up at him, "You can't tell anyone about the water okay? Do you remember what Dean says about telling people about things they don't understand?" I nodded my head, looking at the ground. Blue crouched down in front of me and put a finger under my chin so I'd look up at him, "There's nothing wrong with what you can do, but I don't want you to get hurt because that's not what others think," Blue explained. I nodded my head quietly, we sat there in silence for a few moments before Blue stood back up, "C'mon, let's go inside and see what Uncle Bobby's making for dinner." Blue offered me his hand, which I took. We slowly made our way over to the porch in silence.

Blue put me on the ground before we got into view of the porch, "I'll go head upstairs and get a movie night set up. How's that sound?" I nodded my head, "Harry Potter?" Blue smiled and nodded, "I'll go get everything set up and I'll even make us a fort. You go eat dinner and it'll be ready when you get there," Blue assured me as he opened the door. Uncle Bobby was waiting in the kitchen when we walked into the house. "Done outside already?" Bobby asked, looking up from whatever he was stirring in a pot on the stove. It smelled like tacos. I nodded my head, "I didn't know what to play," I excused as I hopped up onto a chair. There was a book opened up on the table, the picture looked like a... demonic thing looking into a mirror. I glanced at the caption, it read 'Wraith'. Bobby took the book before I could read anything else, "I don't think you need to read that right now," he informed as he set the book aside and replaced it with a stack of two plates, sliding one off for himself. He put the plate in front of his spot at the table, before going back to the stove to grab the pot of taco meat and a pack of tortillas and cheese that were on the counter. "Do you want me to fix you a couple or do you want to give a shot at it?" Bobby asked as he sat down in his chair. "I want to try," I answered as I moved to sit on my legs so I could reach the pot of meat. I pulled out a tortilla from the bag and plopped it onto my plate before I reached for the spoon that was in the pot. I scooped out two spoonfuls into my tortilla before I handed it to Uncle Bobby. I put a handful of cheese into my taco before I attempted to fold it. The taco was pretty good, Uncle Bobby made the best tacos.

I ended up only eating two tacos before I went upstairs, but only after I put my plate and fork into the sink. Blue was sitting under a newly formed blanket fort that's was in front of, and under my bed. "Well? What do ya' think?" Blue asked, he looked very pleased with himself at the outcome. "It looks a lot bigger than normal," I told him as I got down on my hands and knees to crawl inside, settling myself on the blanket he used as the floor. Blue crawled out and made his way to the shelf that held all of the movies and my books. He put a finger on the first movie and looked over all of them, "So what do you want to watch?" Blue asked, looking over his shoulder. I laid down on my back and thought for a few moments, "What about 'Lilo and Stitch'?" I asked. He turned back to the movies and skimmed through them before pulling out the DVD's case. "Sure, I'll start it up," Blue answered as he popped open the case before removing the disk. I grabbed one of the blankets he had shoved under the bed for us to use, and wrapped myself in it while Blue set up the movie. Blue grabbed the remote and crawled in the fort, laying on his stomach so his head peeked out. "You ready?" He asked as he pointed the remote at the TV. I nodded my head, moving to mimic his position.

When Friday came around, everyone was pretty hesitant for the day to end. Since we took all of our tests that morning, Miss Dever let us play with Bucky in the arcade for the rest of the day. We earned a lot of coins for Bucky's house to improve later, but Miss Dever decided that we wouldn't spend them so that whoever won Bucky at the end of the year could have them.

But when school did end, Uncle Bobby was the first one in the car rider line. I waved good-bye to Gannon before I climbed into the truck. "How was school today?" Bobby asked as he put the truck into drive and pulled out of the pick-up area. "It was good, we took all of our tests this morning so after lunch we just played Webkinz for the rest of the day," I informed as I buckled up and shoved my backpack to the floorboard. "Sounds like fun," Bobby said, there was silence for a few moments before he asked, "What's 'Webkinz'?"

It was almost seven that night when I went to take a bath, Uncle Bobby had made spaghetti for dinner. Blue had put my pajamas in the bathroom and started the water when I got to the bathroom. "I still don't understand why spaghetti is so messy. It gets everywhere!" Blue said as he put his hand under the water. I shrugged. I'd never really thought about it, but I guessed it was the noodles. Blue put the plug into the bathtub, "Well, I'll go pick us out a movie for when you're done," Blue announced before he got up and left, closing the door behind him. I sat on the side of the tub to watch the water pour into the tub. I wanted to try something. I put my hand in the water and stared at it for a few moments before whispering, "Fluatur aqua." A line of water slowly started making its way up my arm, I concentrated a bit harder and two more streams began wrapping their way up my arm.