ONE

"YOU ARE A GIFT FROM THE FAIRIES."

Introduction

chapter 1

Claire Hudson has always been an bright ball or happiness and sunshine

Claire Hudson has always been an bright ball or happiness and sunshine. She made anyone who was around her lift the corner of their lips into an smile admiring the adoring girl.

She was incredibly polite to everyone and tried her very best to help the people who needed help around. She was never quick to judge anyone based on their looks or past because she believes seeing the good in everyone. Not only her soft soul attracted everyone, but her curly, golden locks and her adorable, dimpled smile would make anyone's urge to pinch her cheeks and call her adorable.

Not only her hair and smile, but also her four eleven figure would make people think she was younger than her sixteen years. Her auntie Rachel nicknamed her 'Fairy' because she would always tell Claire;

"You are a gift from the fairies. Beautiful, kind and naive. I don't think you'll ever grow taller than five three." Aunt Rachel giggled as the seven year old Claire adorably pouted and crossed her arms, sticking her tongue out at her aunt. "Aunt Rachel! Don't say that! I'll be as tall as the Effiel Tower!"

Claire sighed softly as she got ready for her first day of school at Freeridge High School.
I can't wait to make new friends in a new school in a new city. She thought as she slipped on her fuzzy, blue sweater.

It was unrecognizably chilly in Los Angeles, and Claire wanted to make sure she was dressed up nicely for her new day. She looked over her outfit in her body length, Polaroid dressed mirror. Blue sweater, denim jeans and comfortable blue Vans. Claire smiled happily, satisfied with her look.

"Claire! Are you ready to go to your new school?" Her Aunt, Rachel Hudson called from the living room below her bedroom.

Claire and Aunt Rachel moved to the south central part of Los Angeles due to financial issues they faced back in Florida with their house. Rachel couldn't afford to keep paying two thousand nine hundred dollars every month she got her check, so she bought herself and her niece to a place she know she can afford, along with someone she knows around Freeridge. Dwayne Turner and his wife with their son Jamal Turner. Rachel was sure her niece and their son would be great friends.
Claire got her panda colored backpack and went to meet her aunt in the car.

"Are you ready for your first day?" Rachel squealed excitedly, excited that her niece was starting school and excited that she'll be making new friends.

Claire smiled softly and looked down at her lap, tucking a strand of golden hair behind her stud pierced ear. She was excited, but scared at the same time because she didn't know what to expect at a new school. Back in Jacksonville, she only went to one elementary school, one middle school and one high school with the same people she grew up with. Rachel knew it would be hard to move her niece away from her  friends she been with for years, but she knew it was for the best.

"I-I'm just ready to get this over with, but I'm happy." Claire stated softly staring out the window, watching the houses and trees go by. Rachel looked over to her niece with an apologetic look and reached over to grab her hand.

Few heartfelt moments between the aunt and the niece, they finally made it to Freeridge High School. Many teenagers of color were everywhere. Diversity. Claire thought to herself. Beautiful.

Claire mouth formed an small 'oh' as she observed the school's building and the people walking on its property. Rachel watched her niece as she gave Claire a light push to usher her out the car and towards the school.

"I'll come and pick you up after school, just send me a text fairy!" Rachel kissed her cheek and off the way she went, leaving the small, childlike, naive all alone. By herself.