Flashback:

"Mummy! Daddy!" I yelled running outside seeing them getting into a car, Daddy putting the luggage in the back, Mummy getting in. Chole was just behind me, trying to tell me to go inside but I wanted to say bye.

I ran up to the car, Daddy blocking the sight of Mummy. I ran up to them, hugging Daddy, even though I came up to his waist I still hugged him. Well pretty much hugging his legs. "You didn't tell me you were going, I don't want you and Mummy to go." I said feeling his hand patting my back and then carefully breaking out my grip, he said,"we've got to, Eugene it's part of what Daddy does for a living, get used to it. Goodbye." He got into the car and shut the door. Telling the driver to go, leaving me in tears.

"Oh my, come here Eugene. That can't have been nice." Chole said getting on her knees, allowing me to hug her. I cried so much. She was like a second Mummy to me. "They won't be here for the Mother's Day show. Mummy won't be here to see it." I cried.

"Daddy didn't hug me back or say that he loves me." I added.

When the Mother's Day show came, it was hard for me. Mummy didn't show up, she said she would but she didn't. Chole had tried to convince her to come but Mummy kept having excuses. It was awkward doing the show and having no Mummy to hug, Chole showed up instead and sat down. It made me feel a bit better and less awkward, when the show was over, all the other kids went to hug their Mummy's and I went to hug Chole pretending she was my Mummy.

Back to the present....
I went outside, playing with the twigs and sticks. The dogs come outside, I played with them throwing the stick and them going after it, bringing the stick back. The dogs and me had a bond, they always cheered me up if Mummy or Daddy upset me. I usually forgive Mummy and Daddy if it happens, because I love Mummy and Daddy.

I sat there outside making a mud pie, using sticks to dig up some dirt and some water from the pool. I moulded up the mud, adding stones and leaves from the bush for some colour. I made little indentations around the edge, for some detail. I'm so happy with my mud pie. Getting some paper, sliding it under the mud pie using the paper as a plate.

Mummy and Daddy were no longer in the kitchen, I put my mud pie on the counter top, where the high chairs were. Ooh a lighter! I had a splint of wood in my hand and placed it in the centre of the mud pie and lit it with the lighter.

"Ooh, bright! Mummy, Daddy! Look at this!" There was no response, in fact Mummy  and Daddy weren't in the living room. I looked around seeing the whole place was silent. Till I saw out side the car was gone and Daddy's keys weren't on the table. They went out, without me. Leaving me in this big house alone.

A note was left on the fridge, it said:

"There are fish fingers if your hungry - Mummy."

Fish fingers? Where? Don't worry about it now, I looked around and saw I had brought mud and dirt into the house. Damn it! Mummy and Daddy are gonna kill me. I quickly took off my muddy clothes and washed the mud off myself in the shower. Being six, I already knew how to use a shower, it was cause Mummy and Daddy never ran me a bath or helped so I had to help my self.

I was soon done and dry, in clean clothes. Seeing in the kitchen the flame in my mud pie has gone out. I didn't care too much, as all I wanted at this point was food, as it's gone past lunchtime. Where are those fish fingers? Mummy said there were fish fingers, where? I want my fish fingers.

I looked around the kitchen, on my tip toes seeing a plate as I got closer behind Daddy's tray of drinks. The fish fingers were there. Why there? I moved the tray to a side and pulled out the plate of fish gingers. Why did they make it so difficult to get to? Did they do something to these? I picked one up and tried it, it tasted fine so I sat down at the table and ate the fish fingers.