Loki sighed through his nose and looked at his children. "Good. Now, stop looking so down, all of you. We're here together, now. Let's enjoy that."

Hela smiled, and eventually so did Vali and Nari. Fenrir gave a happy bark. Sleipnir made a noise of agreement.

The rest of the night was full of laughter and smiles from Hela and her little family. Still, many thoughts swirled in her mind.

She hadn't mentioned Zeph since his death. In a way, she mourned for the fallen guardian. She knew good and well that his mind was corrupted and evil with thoughts of destruction. But he hadn't realized that. He thought he was truly doing good. He wanted what was best for the world, even if his ideas were not truly what was best. His last words still echoed in her mind.

"Good move."

Hadittruly been a good move? Where had Zeph gone? Did he go with the old man and the little boy? Or did some other fate await the fallen guardian?

The night came to a close too soon. The twins left to take Sleipnir back to his stall, and Fenrir ran off to what Hela could only guess was her own room. When it was only her and Loki, she spoke again.

"Daddy?" Loki knelt down to take her hand while she spoke. "Do you really think you'll have to go back?"

Loki frowned as he thought about this for a moment. "Truthfully, Hela, I don't know. I do know that whether I go back or not, I'll still be your father. Go sleep, love." He leaned forward and kissed her forehead, ushering her out of the room.

"Goodnight, Daddy."

Hela looked up and down the hallway, making sure no one was coming or going. And then she smirked and ran in the opposite direction of her room. She needed to see her grandfather now before it was too late.

She slipped past the guards easily enough, and soon found herself in his room. He was lying there surrounded by a golden field that kept him alive and healthy. Sleeping.

Hela crept closely to him and watched him for a moment. She took a deep breath. "Grandfather? It's me, Hela. I don't know if you can hear me or not. Grandmother says you can hear everything said to you. I hope that's true, because we need to talk business.

"First off, I'm sorry I stole the keys. I'm sorry I helped Daddy escape. I'm sorry for everything. I felt like I had to help him. I just wanted him back." Tears threatened to escape her eyes. Hela blinked them away. Now was not the time. "And now, I have a favor to ask."

Hela took a deep breath before continuing. "Please don't lock my dad back up. Grandfather, he isn't like he used to be. He isn't bad anymore. He's changed, and he just wants to be our father." More tears threatened to spill. "Give him one more chance to prove to you that he's changed. Please. He's my father."

Slowly, Hela walked into the barrier and leaned down, kissing Odin's cheek. "Please." She quickly stood and rushed out to go to her own room, to her own bed.

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Hela was woken up early by a gentle but firm shake from Sif telling her it was time to wake. Odin was awake. The trial was in a few hours.

The warrior helped Hela to get ready, drawing her a bath and even picking out an elegant purple dress with little gold sandals. She dried Hela's hair with a towel and then brushed it out, and even put it in a braid for her. Hela was silent the entire time, allowing Sif to assist her.

"Don't look so glum," Sif said quietly as she brushed Hela's raven hair back from her face and began to braid it. "Everything will be all right."

Hela said nothing.

She walked with Fenrir in her arms and Sif at her side towards the throne room. Vali and Nari were already waiting at the door. Vali was dressed in a fine black and white outfit. Black pants, black boots. A long sleeved white button down shirt and a black vest over that. Nari wore a light blue and white outfit that looked the same.

"Hey," Hela greeted softly. Sif left them with quick embraces.

Nari and Vali looked up at Hela. "Hey," Nari replied with a sad expression.

They knew ahead of time that they wouldn't be allowed to go inside during the trial. They could wait at the door, but none were allowed inside until it was over. "Sleipnir couldn't make it?"

"Thor said it would be best he didn't come in. He's not very good at maneuvering through the palace, after all." Hela nodded and crossed her arms over her chest.

Loki appeared at the end of the hall, a guard on each side and his wrists handcuffed. The guards walked him forward. When he saw his children, he smiled reassuringly and mouthed, "It'll be all right."

He went inside with the guards, the doors closing and leaving the children alone in the hallway.

There was silence between them all as they kept to their thoughts. Hela couldn't help but wonder about the Avengers. Was everyone okay? Hela wondered if Steve missed her any. She was sure he did. Steve was always watching out for her. Clint and Natasha might have thought about her once or twice but were far too busy with their own problems. Tony was probably trying not to think about her. This made Hela smirk.

"What do you think's going on in there?" Nari asked suddenly. Hela looked up and gave a shrug in reply.

"Adult things. Probably Father's punishment," Vali replied bitterly.

Nari frowned and dropped his gaze to the floor. Hela had noticed that out of the two of them, Nari was the more sensitive one and Vali was more in-charge. Vali always had the plan. Nari was always ready to fulfill that plan. They made a good team, really.

It felt like hours when the doors opened and Thor appeared. "Uncle?" Hela asked curiously. Thor looked rather confused.

"The Allfather requests that you children be present for the final decision. Please, all of you, come inside."

Looking at one another in confusion, Hela led the way inside quickly. Odin sat on his throne, his face solemn. Frigga stood at his side with a slightly concerned expression as the children entered the room. Loki held a blank expression.

The four walked over and stood in a line to the left of the throne. Loki glanced at his children for only a second before he redirected his attention back to Odin, who had taken a breath to speak.

"Children," he greeted, "I've asked that you all be present for this final decision. Now, during this time I need all of you to act as adults. Understood?" Nods and small voices of agreement. "Good. Your father has done terrible things. You know this." The look Loki gave Odin was of ice. "He's hurt people and he has escaped sentence multiple times. But," he looked to Hela, "It has come to my attention that he is no longer quite the man he was."

Hela's heart began to hammer in her chest. Did this mean what he hoped? "You children need your father. You lost your mother when you were all very young, and I find no reason why you should lose your father as well. Here is my final verdict; Loki will be on house arrest for three more years. After that he will be entirely free. Hela, I know you like it here, and we all enjoy you here. Despite your antics." He winked at her, she was sure. "I want you to finish your schooling on Midgard. School there is five days a week, yes? You'll continue to stay with your previous caretakers in that time. On the other two days, if you wish, you can come and stay. This also includes holidays."

Hela felt tears rising again, but this time of joy. She began to laugh. Before she realized what had happened she dashed up the stairs and tossed her arms around the old man. "Thank you," she whispered in a sob.

Her brothers were cheering and rushing to Loki. Fenrir was barking madly. Hela pulled away and smiled happily at Odin. The old man gave a shadow of a smile and whispered, "You've quite the silver tongue yourself, little one. Good speech last night."

Hela laughed and turned to hug her father.

Well, I am fairly certain that the only thing I have left to write for Loki's Daughter is the epilogue. I can't believe it's actually finished. Thanks everyone who's read it this far, and I hope you'll enjoy the next installment. It's been lots of fun writing this. I love reading your comments, I've laughed at so many and smiled at so many others. I'll hopefully have the epilogue done soon. Goodnight, dears!