Back at S.H.I.E.L.D.

"Where is he?"

"It doesn't matter, Hela."

"Of course it matters, Uncle! Please, tell me!"

"You shouldn't dwell on this, Hel, you know he's a criminal."

"Uncle, please! Where is my father?"

Hela stood with clenched fists in front of her uncle. She was shaking, half from fear of the fact that her father was gone and she had no idea where he was, and half out of anger from the situation. What once was the comforting feeling of being inside her room at S.H.I.E.L.D. was cold. She wanted back inside the little house in the middle of the forest.

Thor stared down at her, a frown on his face. She knew he was wondering why she was so eager to find the war criminal that had kidnapped her. Maybe he was wondering if she was brainwashed. But she wasn't!

"Uncle, please, tell me where my father is, please!"

Earlier today she had cried for her father. The ride on the jet had been one of angry tears and pleading to be taken back. She had screamed at Tony, begged him to turn the jet around, and sobbed violently when he refused. She needed to know, now.

What happened to her father?

Thor's frown was one of worry and slight confusion. He sighed. "Loki is fine, Hela. He received no injuries other than a few cuts and bruises. He's fine."

Hela felt her shoulders lighten, but didn't dare lose the glowering look on her face. "Then let me see him, Uncle, please! Let me see him!"

Thor watched her for a moment before he sighed and shook his head. "They won't allow that, Hela, they won't. Fury has asked you be on lock down before this can be handled. Don't worry yourself so much, just try and get some rest. I'll be here to see you soon." He stepped forward and kissed her forehead before he turned and walked out of the room, shutting it with a click.

As soon as he was out, Hela felt tears brim her eyes once more. She bit her lip as hot tears fell down her cheeks and finally let out a sob. She found herself sitting on the floor and sobbing in anger. Anger for her uncle, for Tony, and even at her father for letting them take her. Anger at everyone.

She screamed and cried and sobbed into the silence of her room. She cried out for her father, and felt unknown terror when he didn't come. The walls moved and shifted around her. The room seemed to stretch on forever, a never ending room. The door seemed impossible to get to.

Hela flung herself onto the bed and buried her face into the blankets. She shook with anger and fear. She wanted to see her father. She needed to see him. Just as Hela let out another cry for help, something touched the back of her hair.

"Hela," whispered a voice. "Calm down, dear, you're all right." The voice was calm, familiar, and welcoming. Hela didn't dare open her eyes in fear of it being a dream. Slowly though, she raised her head.

 The face she saw made every fear vanish. "Daddy!" She jumped up and looked up at her father. He smiled softly down at her and let out a quiet chuckle. Quickly, Hela raised her hand to him, though it went through his body. She gasped and pulled back.

"Don't be frightened," Loki whispered, "I'm all right, and so are you. Calm down." He sat at the side of her bed and watched her carefully.

Hela sat on her knees and stared at her father. "Wh-Where are you?" she asked. "Where are you really?" She wiped her eyes and watched him.

"Don't concern yourself with it," he replied softly.

"But-"

"Hela, don't. It'll be all right. I'm going to find you. I swear it." He smiled gently at the girl and sighed. "I must go, someone's coming."

Loki looked to the door and then back to her. Without another word, he was gone. The door opened and a familiar face walked in. Hela looked up at the man and sighed quietly. "Hi, Steve," she whispered.

The super soldier walked over and sat down with her. Hela quickly crawled over to him and wrapped her arms around him. "I missed you," she whispered. She clung to his shirt and felt fresh tears fill her eyes.

He sighed and picked her up. "Missed you too, kid."

Hela found interest in the hem of her dress and picked at it quietly. Her eyes were surely red from her tears and she was probably a mess. She pushed a strand of black hair behind her ears with a sigh and looked up at the man.

"Fury and your uncle wants to see you," he said quietly. Hela bit her lip and nodded. She grabbed Steve's hand and squeezed it for comfort as the two walked out of the room.

Hela's mind whirled and reeled. She was nervous. What did Fury and Uncle want from her? She found herself clinging onto Steve's hand for dear life and dragging her feet. The super soldier sighed and scooped her up as if to stop her from dragging her feet and kept going. Hela bit her lip.

The door was closed when they got there. Steve set her down after squeezing her in a hug. "I'll be waiting for you in your room. Don't worry, just relax. They aren't mad at you."

The girl nodded and took a deep breath before walking into the room.

Sorry this took awhile. I'm not sure I like this chapter at all. I promise the next will be better. Thanks to all of the supporters who have helped make this story popular. Oh, and just to make this clear, the story is only half over. And after that, I will be making a sequel.. There's actually the possibility of two books after this one. So, the story shall go on. :) Hope you enjoyed.