Gone Too Far

Hela walked out of the bathroom and pushed her damp hair away from her face. She was wearing a simple cream colored nightgown that fell to her ankles. She padded down the hall with bare feet and walked down the stairs.

Loki looked up at her briefly from the couch as she sat down and pulled her knees to her chest. She wasn't sure what he was watching on the television. Hela felt tired. It'd been a long day, full of paint and tree climbing, threatening, and a lot of yelling. Much more than any other day.

There was silence for a long time and Hela glanced at the clock on the wall. It was only 8 o'clock. Outside it was pitch black, the shadows of the bare trees loomed over the house. Hela shuddered and pulled her knees tighter to her chest.

Loki glanced at her and chuckled. "Frightened?" he asked. Hela scowled some and shot him an annoyed look.

"Of course not."

Whatever look that was on her face must have been amusing because he laughed and shook his head. Hela didn't think it was funny at all. The T.V. was the only light in the dark room, so the shadows continued to dance around the walls.

"Want something to eat?" he asked. Hela thought for a moment, thinking about how she really hadn't ate anything since this morning. She nodded. Loki smiled some. "What do you want?"

"What do you have?"

Loki shrugged and gestured to the kitchen before standing up. With a sigh, Hela hopped off the couch and followed him back into the kitchen. After a moment they both began to rummage around for stuff to make sandwiches.

"Are you putting brown sugar on that cheese sandwich?" he asked once they'd grilled the sandwiches. Hela looked up at him while sprinkling the brown sugar on the cheese. She grinned.

"Mhm, it tastes good."

Loki raised an eyebrow at the sandwich, which was now coated in the sugar, and then looked back at her. Hela shrugged and took a bite. "Try it."

The demigod made a face and looked at her. "Um, no?"

Hela groaned and threw her head back. "Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"Not happening."

"Happening!"

"No."

"Please, please, please, please, please-"

"All right!" Loki finally gave in and moaned. Hela threw her head back and laughed victoriously.

"Yes!" She took the sandwich from him and then carefully pulled the bread from the cheese. She got out a spoonful of the brown sugar and sprinkled it evenly on the cheese, then put the bread back in place. "Here."

Loki rolled his eyes but took the sandwich from her and took a bite. He never actually said whether he liked it or not, but he did finish that sandwich. Quite quickly, actually.

Once they'd eaten, Hela felt the sugar kicking in. She grinned and ran back into the living room. Loki followed behind her and watched as she climbed up on the couch and began jumping on it. "What are you doing?"

Hela turned to look at him and giggled before jumping off the couch and running down the hall. "Wha- Hela!" Loki groaned and followed her down the hall and up the stairs. She ran into her room, closely followed by the god.

"Come jump with me!" she said and began jumping on the bed. Loki watched in amusement as she jumped before sighing and shaking his head. He walked over to her and grabbed her in mid-jump.