Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - A Trip To The Station

*Delilah's POV *

Well shit. The police hearded everyone out the house, making people leave or putting them in the backs of their police cars. Any one seen with a drink in their hands were quickly pulled aside and put in a car.

I quickly put my mixer on the kitchen counter, nudging Oliver to do the same but it was too late. A police man had already seen me with my drink and Oliver was still holding his.

"I'm gonna guess this was your party Kids?" The black haired man asked. His eyes were as dark as charcoal and he had lightly tanned skin. His face was stern yet tired and questioning but wise.

"If we said no would you let us go?" I asked making Oliver shake his head in annoyance with me. What? I was still drunk!

"Let's go Kids. You can call your parents when we get to the station." He sighed, grabbing my arm with his left hand and Oliver's with his right.

This was not what was supposed to happen. I could almost guarantee that my mam and dad would be annoyed about what happened at school with Mr Lee. But now this? Being arrested! I was sure they were going to tell Diana and Eddie. This was not what I wanted to happen today.

The officer gently pushed me in to the back seat of his cruiser. I shuffled over to let Oliver get in.

"Hey, I'm really sorry Olly. I didn't know this would happen." he looked at me and smiled.

"no biggie."

***

Once at the station I had finally sobered up. The police office that arrested us took me and Oliver to one of the many mundane holding cells. There, we were both given a slice of bread and a bottle of water, just to make sure we wouldn't be sick.

Despite the bread and water my stomach was churning and my heart was racing. My body felt weak and my palms were sweaty and shaking beyond belief.

Oliver had just called his Auntie and she was on her way to bail him out. He had asked the Officer if his Auntie could bail me out too but the man said that it had to be some one from my family.

But I wasn't sure which family it had to be from.

Deciding I had no choice, I tried to steel my nerves. Taking a deep breathe, I called the officer over.

"Can I make a call please?" I said, my voice betraying me. It cracked and shook as my hands gripped the sides of my top. I couldn't do this. I couldn't call them. Maybe I could say that I was staying over at Oliver's and just stay the night in the holding cell. Surely they had to release me after 24 hours, right?

The police man nodded and guided me over to an old pay phone nailed to the wall.

My hand gripped the receiver harshly to avoid shaking so much. I didn't know who I was supposed to call. I couldn't call my mam or dad. They would be so disappointed. And I didn't want to give them a reason to just hand me over to the Lovato-De La Garzas. But at the same time I didn't want to call Dianna or Eddie because I knew that they would be disappointed and probably give me an hour long lecture about the use of alcohol and how they're family doesn't prohibit its use.

And so I called the last people I would normally have ever considered. I called the twins.

"yellow? Who's this?" I heard Lennox's rough voice answering the phone.

"Lennox. It's Delilah. Look I know it's late but -"

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? MAMS BEING GOING ABSOLUTELY BLOODY MENTAL! DAD'S BEEN SEARCHING ALL OVER FOR YOU! LEON HAS JUST ABOUT LOST HIS HEAD THINKING HE'S WHAT DROVE YOU AWAY FROM US! " He yelled, cutting me off in the process. His yelling continued for a few more minutes. I held the phone away from my ear but one look for the police man and I quickly shut him up.

"Lennox calm down or put your brother on the phone. For God's sake this is important!"

"alright. Alright now what did you want twerp?" he said, but quickly apologised for the name calling.

"well you know how you want me to forgive you and Leon? Well I will, under a few circumstances. The first being that you bail me out of jail... Because I kinda sorta maybe got arrested. And second you can not tell your parents or the Lovato-De La Garzas. Got it? " I hurridley said as the police man tapped his watch.

" Wait... What? What's going on? Is that Delilah?" I could hear Leon asking, concern clear in his voice.

"We'll be there as soon as we can. Stay where you are." Lennox said, chuckling to himself as he hung the phone up.

God I regret this entire night. Well...most of it.

Mulling over what happened before the police arrived, I reminisced the feeling of Oliver's lips on mine. It felt so right. So perfect. And yet so wrong all at once.

***

"You have some explaining to do Delilah. We want to know how the hell you ended up in jail! Even we haven't been arrested and we've beaten up countless of kids and some of their parents too. Speaking of, I don't know how you plan on hiding this from mam and dad. They'll find out eventually. You can't hide anything from them. It's like they have eyes and ears every where. " Leon shivered as we walked out to their car.

While I hated to admit it, he was right. They did always seem to find out everything from breaking a glass to breaking the law. If you have done something wrong, our parents would always, always, find out no matter how big or small the matter was.

"Just shut up and drive will you?" I muttered, climbing in to the back seat of the blue Ford Focus. This was Lennox's car. Leon's was a black Ford Focus.

"and guys, thank you. For bailing me out. And for promising not to tell mam and dad. I do appreciate it. Honestly." Leon turned around and grinned.

"Are we forgiven?" I simply nodded.

It had been a long day and I couldn't wait to go home and get some rest. I knew I would need a plan to hide my arrest from my parents, but that could wait til morning...

At least that's what I thought...

A:/n hiiii so here's another chapter. Idk aha it's really late where I am and I actually haven't slept in two days so that's fun🙃also what did you guys think of this chapter?

And what did y'all think about the heated scene between Oliver and Delilah?

QOTD: What Kelly Clarkson song do you prefer?

AOTD: For me I've been listening to Mr Know It All on repeat non stop all day but I honestly love pretty much all of her music so yea

Happy reading, LJ x