I stood up almost tripping over my own dress and ran. I saw a door, prying it open in fear I let myself inside closing the door behind me.

It was a mechanical room. I ran straight and turned the corner. So many shelves, chairs and tables stacked together in rows probably extra equipment for the masquerade. I went in between a row and heard the door open.

Looking around in panic "think, think" I mouthed to myself. I quickly took the strap off my heels and threw them on the other side of the room. I ran towards the far end of the row and knelt down.

"Fuck" I mouthed.

I waited a couple of more seconds but the more I thought about it the more I needed to just go for it, at least make a run for it. I stood up slowly and checked the row, no one was there, I checked the other side, no one was there. There could be a downstairs somewhere and he might've went through that way.

But then again I did throw those shoes. It always works in movies as a distraction right?

I heard a small thud. And stopped immediately. I started moving backwards till I hit something.. or someone. Suddenly I was pushed harshly against the wall. I groaned and my hair sprawled everywhere on my face.

"Thought you could get away, huh?" A deep males voice said.

I kneed him in his manhood, he then loosened up a bit and I managed to get out of his grip, which half worked "Let me go" I tried pushing him off me but he grabbed me again and pressed his body against mine to stop my shaken figure as I shook violently to get out of his grasp.

"Stop fighting it Victoria" he was out of breath and so was I. He gently took his hand and moved my hair into place. My breath quickened, I still couldn't make out who he was. He smelt so good.

He moved a strand behind my ear and just stood there, staring at me.

"Why me?" I said more to myself than him as tears threatened to come out. I tried to free myself from his grip. Maybe I was just another one of his victims that he thinks he can play with.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this day" he says darkly, I froze. This is how I'm going to die, he's a psychopath. A stalker who took an interest in me. Was I just somebody merely at a place at the wrong time for me to have this kind of outcome for me.

"Please, I don't know you" I lied while looking in his eyes, they were a dark shade of blue. I instantly regognised his features even behind the mask.  "But you do little one" and with that, he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder injecting something in my leg.

"Put me down" ignoring me he walked further into the room.

He placed me down rather roughly, I lost my balance. I closed my eyes and prepared to potentially fall but I felt no impact.

"You can open your eyes now princess" I opened my eyes just in time to see him rolling his own. I stepped back a little bit and with my hands, I tried to brush the dust off my dress.

"Really, the.. 'throw the shoe to the other side of the room trick'" he lightly shook his head in amusement.

"Really, throwing me over your shoulder trick" Okay that sounded a lot better in my head, although I still mocked him. I started to feel lightheaded.

Did he just inject me with something? Widening my eyes I looked at him in shock.

"You could've walked" he said. I was utterly confused. "You literally tried to kidnap me, you even put your hands over my mouth like some sort of serial killer" he opened his mouth to reply.

"Not to mention, what the fuck did you do to Dean" I pointed my finger at his bored expression. He didn't reply instead his eyes were fixated on me. A shiver ran through me as I fully comprehended what just happened. Hands shaking I looked down at my feet to take in my surroundings to what I could use against him, in that second I grabbed the table cloth which was near me covering a small table and threw it on him and pushed him down on the couch behind him.

I grabbed my mask and planted it on my face while I ran downstairs, I saw my shoes and picked them up as well. I grabbed the door handle and quickly opened it seeing paramedics around my bodyguard. My mum spotting me she rushed towards me as my legs gave out and darkness clouded my vision.

____________________

Chris: Vote if you liked this chapter.