Chapter 10

On the mount Olympus-

"How far do we have to go?" Percy asked. He, Herc and Artemis were climbing Mt. Olympus.

"Not far, see that, there is the portal to Olympus." Artemis pointed at the summit.

"Why did you land at the foot of the mountain, couldn't you land it right next to the portal?" Herc asked. He was pulling the Nemean Lion's chain.

"There is no space to land there, you'll see." Artemis replied.

"Why is the portal this high up on the mountain. It should've been down there with a nice parking space." Percy complained.

"Yeah!" Herc agreed and so did the Nemean Lion by growling

"Oh, quite whining you two, we're almost there." Artemis grew irritated by their constant whining.

Some time later they reached the summit of Mt. Olympus. There they saw a bright white portal open as they approached.

Artemis was the first to step through the portal. Herc winked at Percy and entered after her. Percy took a deep breath and exhaled and stepped through.

The other side of the portal opened in front of a large set of white double doors with large blue crystal lodged in the middle of it. There were no walls to support the door, but there it was. Despite being covered by vines, the door looked like it was recently polished.

"That's the door I couldn't open." Artemis kicked it.

"Go on boy, You can go now." Herc unleashed the Lion. He looked at the Herc for a moment, then he turned and walked elegantly into the forest behind them.

"So, how do we get that door open?" Percy asked.

"We could try to open it by force." Herc suggested.

"No, you muscle-head, you can't use force, look at that Trident above there. It was sealed by Neptune!" Artemis pointed at the top of the door. There, behind some vines a Golden Trident was visible.

"So, what? I just tap the door with my Trident like this and it'll just pop open?" Percy conjured the Trident and tapped it on the door while talking. The jewel started to glow, it split and the door swung open.

From the inside a gust of wind came with a familiar scent of Ambrosia. Percy quickly went inside the door and arrived on a bridge hanging in the sky. He looked across, but saw nothing but fog.

"Welcome Percy, to Olympus, the realm of the Gods." Artemis came behind him. "This bridge is called the Bridge of Heroes. And all around us is the Abyss."

"Yeah, whatever you do, don't fall into the Abyss." Herc said.

"This is amazing! This is beyond my expectations." Percy exclaimed.

They crossed the bridge and the fog at the end of it started to dissipate. As the fog started to clear Percy could see grass at the end of the bridge. Suddenly he noticed a movement there. He looked at Artemis and she nodded, she noticed it too. Herc was oblivious as always.

Suddenly a bunch of Minotaurs came out from behind the trees lined on the both sides of the Pathway. They were holding many different weapons like War Hammers, Battle Axes, Helbards. Percy was bewildered by this sudden charge, he never saw so many Minotaurs at the same time, he only knew one.

Completely overwhelmed by this Percy put away his Trident and pulled out Riptide and in confusion he charged at the incoming horde. But before he could go, Hercules grabbed his collar and stopped him.

"What? Why did you stop me?" Percy asked.

"They're not enemies, Percy. They are the guards of this bridge. These minotaurs serve Olympus. Now, come let's go meet them."